Mana Badi Nadu Nedu Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2020 (Our School now and then) [Government School Development Scheme)
The development of the education sector is among the top priorities of the central and state governments. The new Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has promised that if he came to power, then he will take the necessary steps to revamp the condition of the government schools. In this line, the state authority has announced a new scheme that has been aptly named Mana Badi Nadu Nedu Scheme. Government schools were highly regarded in the early days. With time, the schools have lost their grandeur. The scheme will help the state government to restore the lost glory and honor of the state-run education institutes.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Mana Badi Nadu Nedu Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||YS Jaganmohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||October 2019|
|Official launch date||14th Nov|
|Launch occasion||Children’s Day|
|Target beneficiaries||Government schools|
|Supervised by||Andhra Pradesh State Government|
Key features of the scheme
1. Development of government schools – The primary objective of the scheme is to help the state government schools to regain their honorable position. For this, the state government is ready to spend the necessary amounts.
2. Numbers of schools – The state government records suggest that there are as many as 15,000 state-run and state-aided educational institutions in Andhra Pradesh. All these institutes will come under this project.
3. Budget allocated for the scheme – The extensive scheme will require huge monetary grants. The state government has already allocated a whopping budget of Rs. 6000 crore for operating the scheme successfully.
4. Tenure of the scheme – The Chief Minister has stated that the completion of the education welfare scheme will take at least four years.
5. Renovation of schools – Many old government schools are in a rather sorry state. These institutes will be selected, and proper renovation will be done to restore the beauty of the education institutes.
6. Washrooms for male and female pupils – Many government schools do not have an adequate number of toiles for the students. The scheme will pay attention to the construction of proper and modern washrooms for girls and boys.
7. Laboratory for students – The Chief Minister has also stated that the government schools will get new and improved laboratories. The labs will assist the students in gaining practical knowledge, and understand the topics better.
8. Supervision of the activities – The scheme guidelines of the welfare scheme highlight that it will be the responsibility of the authority members of the Mandal Education Board to keep a tab and monitor the construction activities.
9. Appointment of community contractors – To ensure quality work and transparency, the state government will not offer the project tender to private construction agencies. The entire project will be monitored by community contractors.
10. Formation of parent bodies – The officers of the Mandal Education Committee must keep in touch with the parents’ councils. The parents will be selected by the scheme officers to keep close watch on the renovation works and progress of the scheme.
Eligibility for the scheme
The state government has announced the scheme recently. It has highlighted that only the state government schools and state-aided schools will be able to apply for the benefits of this scheme.
Documents necessary for application
1. Address of the institute – The applying headmaster needs to offer the address proof documents of the schools.
2. Certificate from the state education department – While application, it is mandatory for the headmaster of the government school to produce necessary legal documents, which highlight that the institute has been certified by the State Education Department.
How to apply for the benefits of the scheme?
As the scheme has been designed for the development of the government schools, the headmaster or the school authority will have to complete the application procedures. For now, the state government has not announced anything about the registration process. Once the CM or the respective department makes any official announcements, you will know about it on this site.
How will the implementation of the scheme take place?
- Once a particular school has been selected, the engineers and community contractors will take snaps of the school.
- They will make a list of constructions, and other facilities, which are not present in the school.
- The construction work will commence once the state government releases the funds.
- After the completion of the construction, the engineers and contractors will click pictures of the renovated school building.
- The previous and current photographs will be compared and the development assessment will be done by the experts.
- The reports and images will be released to the common people. It will give the state residents an opportunity to see the developments.
- It will encourage the parents to opt for admission for their children in the state-run schools again.
- The entire scheme will assist the state education structure evolving.
Most people do not want to send their children to government schools, operated by the state government. Though the teaching potential of the teachers is high, the lack of proper amenities is the main reason that discourages parents. After the successful implementation of the Mana Badi Nadu Nedu Scheme, the availability of the necessary facilities in the government schools will improve. With the enhancement of the education structure, the state government will be able to increase the admission of students in state-run schools
Other links –