Mazi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme Maharashtra (MKBS) 2019-20 [Application Form, Eligibility, Documents, Withdrawal Rule,Marathi]
In April 2016, the Maharashtra government has started a new scheme for the girl child across the state namely Mazi Kanya Bhagyashree Scheme. After the Rupashree Prakalpa in West Bengal and Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme in Central, the Maharashtra state has taken an initiative to encourage the girl child education and quality of life of a woman by introducing this scheme. The said scheme has replaced the old scheme namely Sukanya, started in 2015.
|Name of scheme||Mazi Kanya Bhagyashree Yojana|
|Launched by||Devendra Fadnavis|
|Original date of announcement||2016|
|Target beneficiaries||Female children|
|Original brand ambassador for the scheme||Bhagyashree|
|Supervised by||Maharashtra Women Development Department|
|Financial Assistance||50 Thousand|
Key features of the Mazi Kanya Bhagyashree
- Overall development of female candidates – Financial assistance for the financially weaker families, from the Maharashtra government will ensure the proper care of female children.
- Increase in female education percentage – Families often stops schooling for female children midway to curb expenses. As the state government will make arrangements for meeting the future academic needs, parents will no longer have to worry about this. It will have a positive impact on the overall female education in the state.
- Elimination of sex ratio gap – The sex ration in the rural and remote areas is a cause of concern for the government. With the implementation of this scheme, parents will no longer see their girls as a burden. The financial assistance will pave the path for proper upbringing of the girls.
- Total financial aid – The scheme draft highlights that the state government will transfer Rs. 50,000 in the bank account if the family opts for only one female baby. In case the couple has two baby girls, then Maharashtra government will deposit Rs. 25,000 in the name of both the female children separately.
- Awareness about family planning – Only those families will be entitled to attain the financial benefits if the parents opt for tubectomy or vasectomy after second child. It will eliminate the chances of the birth of a third baby.
- Withdrawal of the money – It has been mentioned in the scheme that beneficiaries will be able to withdraw the entire sum from their respective bank accounts when they attain the legal age of 18 years.
- Withdrawal of interest – In case the families require some monetary assistance for the development and education of the girls, then they can withdraw only the accumulated interest amount. It can only be done when the girls become 6 years old or complete 12 years of age.
- DBT in bank account – The scheme draft highlights that all monetary aids will be transferred directly into the bank account of the beneficiary. However, the bank account must be opened in the name of the female child and the mother. These accounts must be opened in state run banks.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residents of the state – The Maharashtra government will have to shell out as much as 200 crore for the successful implementation of the scheme. Thus, only legal and permanent residents of this state will get the financial assistance. All applicants must submit a copy of their residential proof.
- Financial criterion – The scheme draft also highlights that in case the overall family income of the parents, on an annual basis, crosses the 7.5 lakh mark, then the candidates will be barred from getting the perks under Mazi Kanya Bhagyashree Yojana. Thus, interested parents will have to furnish their family income certificate.
- Applicant of child homes – Unfortunate girl children, who end up in the child care homes, will also be eligible to attain the benefits of this scheme. The money will pave the path for their complete education and empowerment.
- Birth certificate – The parents must attach a copy of the birth certificate of the girls. The birth certificate will not only offer information about the name, age and address of the child, but will also help the government officials keep records easily.
- Medical documents of parents – Either the mother or the father of the applicant must opt for medical procedures, which will eliminate the chances of the birth of a third child. The submission of tubectomy or vasectomy surgery certificates, issued from a reputed hospital, is a must.
- Bonafied certificate – Apart from this, all interested applying parents must also submit a bonafied certificate.
- Bank account details – As all payments will be made via Direct Benefit Transfer, applicants must have active bank accounts. The account number, bank and branch name, branch code and address must be submitted along with the application form.
How to apply and get enrollment document?
- All applicants will have to go through the offline enrollment procedure to submit the registration form.
- There is no official site, through which one can fill in and submit the documents. However, interested candidates will have to click on the link https://www.maharashtra.gov.in/Site/Upload/Government%20Resolutions/English/201602261720426830.pdf to get their hands on the PDF registration form.
- They can click on the respective button and download this form. After this, they need to get a clear print out of all the papers.
- Once this is done, candidates can fill in the necessary boxes with details, and attach the required documents for background checks.
- After this, the bunch of papers must be submitted to the respective authority.
There is not much awareness about the protection and nurturing of the female children in the rural areas. With the implementation of this project in rural as well as urban areas, people will know about the perks, offered by the state government. Women are in no way any less than men. If girls get proper education, upbringing and opportunities, then they can accomplish great things in the professional sector.
You can read this in Marathi https://womenchild.maharashtra.gov.in/home/u110227579/domains/pmjandhanyojana.co.in/public_html/wcdm/upload/uploadfiles/files/Majhi%20Kanya%20Bhagyashree%20Scheme.pdf