Mukhyamantri Civil Seva Protsahan Yojana in Bihar ST/SC Application Form Process Eligibility Criteria Docuements Financial Aid 1 Lakh, 50000 to UPSC and BPSC exams toppers
The central government has been trying constantly to come with new scheme, which will develop the present condition of the schedule caste and schedule tribes. Keeping in line with the efforts of the central authority, the states also implement new schemes, which offer financial assistance to these people. To encourage these candidates in their career, the Bihar state government has come with a new scheme. The name of this program is Mukhyamantri Civil Seva Protsahan Yojana. As the name suggests, the state will reward the ST and SC candidates with financial assistance if they clear the primary levels of state and central government competitive exams.
Launch details of the scheme
The official announcement of this new scheme was made by the Chief Minister of Bihar, Nitish Kumar. Along with the declaration of the Mukhyamantri Civil Seva Protsahan Yojana, several other schemes and benefits for the backward community was also announced during the state cabinet meeting on the 9th of May, 2018. The scheme will be implemented by the ST/SC Welfare Department of Bihar.
Benefit of Mukhyamantri Anusuchit Jati Evam Anusuchit Janjati Civil Seva Protsahan Yojana in Bihar
Though many meritorious SC and ST candidates manage to clear the preliminary levels of UPSC and BPSC exams, they cannot arrange funds to attain special coaching for the main exam. Sometimes, candidates must travel far from their home town to get appropriate coaching. These require cash, which will be provided by the state government, under the Mukhyamantri Civil Seva Protsahan Yojana.
Key features of the scheme
- Proper encouragement and support for backward classes – As per the draft of this scheme, the state will offer encouragement to those candidates who desire to join the government administrative sector jobs. The encouragement will be given in form of cash reward.
- For UPSC and BPSC candidates – The scheme will only include those candidates who have successfully crossed the preliminary levels of both Union Public Service Commission and Bihar Public Service Commission exams.
- Cash reward for the candidates – All applicants who have passed the preliminary levels of UPSC exams will receive a financial aid of 1 lakh. In the case the applicant has crossed the primary level of BPSC, then he/she will receive cash award of Rs. 50,000.
- Payment of the cash reward – It has been mentioned in the draft that the cash will be paid in a single installment.
- Bank account transfer – The candidates will not have to worry about collecting the money from any government office manually. It will be directly transferred to the registered bank account of the candidate.
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
- Must be a resident of Bihar – The scheme will offer cash benefit to only those successful candidates who are residents of Bihar. If the candidate does not have residential papers, issued in this state, then he/she cannot apply.
- Must be of SC/ST background – It has been specifically designed and implemented for the betterment of ST and SC candidates only. The general or OBC candidates cannot apply under this program.
- Must pass preliminary levels – Another eligibility criterion for this cash reward scheme is to pass the preliminary levels of UPSC and/or BPSC competitive examination.
Documents necessary for the scheme
- Residential documents – As there is a residential criterion, the candidates need to submit address proof, which can prove that they are legal residents of Bihar.
- Identification documents – All candidates who desire to apply for this scheme , will have to submit photocopy of their identification documents, which highlight the name, age, address, sex and associated details.
- Aadhar Card – Apart from the other documents, it is mandatory for the candidate to submit a copy of the Aadhar Card. The code will be used to track the status of the application.
- Admit card of UPCS/BPSC examination – The applicant will also have to submit the copy of his/her UPSC or BPSC preliminary examination admit card.
- Mark sheet of preliminary – It is imperative to submit the copy of the mark sheet of the preliminary level exam or any such document that makes sure that the candidate has indeed cracked the first round of UPCS or BPSC exams.
- Caste certificate – As the scheme has only been designed for the development of only scheduled castes, and scheduled tribes, every candidate will have to submit a photocopy of his/her caste certificate.
- Bank account details – As the cash reward will be sent to the account, the deserving candidates will have to provide the bank account details with the application form. The photocopy of the passbook will be accepted.
The scheme has been announced recently. So, all details about implementation and application process are not available. The state government will soon upload the applicant details on the official website.
Additional benefits of बिहार मुख्यमंत्री अनुसूचित जाति एवं अनुसूचित जनजाति सिविल सेवा प्रोत्साहन योजना
- Apart from the above scheme, the state government declared that all students, both male and female, who reside in government hostels, will receive financial assistance of Rs. 1000. The stipend will be given on a monthly basis. This scheme is called the Mukhyamantri Anusuchit Jati Evam Janjati Chhatravas Yojana, and will include only ST and SC candidates.
- In Bihar, several schemes were implemented for the betterment of mahadalit candidates. These were run under the watchful eyes of Bihar Mahadalit Vikas Mission. These scheme benefits will also be available for ST and SC candidates henceforth.
- Any hostel that is placed under the ST/SC or OBC/EBC Welfare Departments will also receive 15 kg wheat and rice at rates which are only applicable for BPL candidates.
With a host of new development schemes, targeted towards the backward classes, the state want to offer each caste equal opportunity to increase their chance of development. These will give them a solid platform that will go a long way in securing their education and professional life. The state government will allocate necessary funds for the proper implementation of these schemes. Changes will be made in these schemes as and when need arises.
- Bhavantar Bharpayee [Bharpai] Yojana Haryana
- Atal New India Challenges by NITI Aayog under AIM
- Har Ghar Bijli Yojana in Bihar
- Mukhyamantri Swayam Sahayata Bhatta Yojana in Bihar