Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Yojana in Jharkhand 2020 [Candidates list, Eligibility, Places, Schedule]
The Government of Jharkhand approved for the Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Yojana for the residents of the state. This is a scheme that is aimed at providing Teerth Yatra to the old people of the state who cannot go themselves due to financial or other problem.
|Scheme Name||Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Yojana|
|State Government which Implements the Teerth Darshan Yojana||State Government of Jharkhand|
|Number of Devotees picked for first slot under Teerth Darshan Yojana||1000|
|Who announced the details about first slot of devotes under this scheme||Mr. Amar Kumar Bauri|
|With whom the state government collaborated to make this Teerth Darshan a successful one||IRCTC|
Objective of the Mukhyamantri Teerth Darshan Yojana in Jharkhand
There are many backward and poor people in the state of Jharkhand who want to go for pilgrimage tours but are not able to due to many reasons. This is very depressing for many people of different religious communities. So to help such people visit important religious places the government of Jharkhand has implemented this scheme in the state.
This scheme is applicable in few other states of India as well, including Madhya Pradesh.
Features of the scheme
- Under this scheme the categories of people that would be included are- poor people, economically and socially backward people, and senior citizens of the state.
- Under this Yojana the eligible citizens of the state are taken to religious destinations in the country. In the first slot of the Yojana around 1000 people of the state were taken to Puri and Bhubaneswar.
- All sorts of medical, food and lodging facilities is given to the devotees during the Yatra. The travel and accommodation is taken care by the IRCTC department. The Jharkhand Government has tied up with IRCTC for this Yojana.
- Any person from the state of Jharkhand, who clears eligibility criteria, will be able to avail this Yojana and make a trip free of cost. The State government will take care of all the expenses. People will be free to choose the religious place that they want to visit.
- Under this scheme the eligible beneficiaries will be able to choose two religious places that they want to visit, and the rest will be taken care by the state government. The chosen place can be within the state or outside the state but has to be within the country limit.
- This facility can be availed once in a lifetime by the citizens and it is applicable for the people above the 60 only. In case the pilgrim is above the age of 65 years then he or she can be accompanied by an attendant.
- Only the people who are not applicable for any income tax or any other tax will be applicable for this scheme. Also the person will be considered for the trip of he or she is physically and mentally fir to take the trip.
The first trip under this scheme
As a part of this scheme 1000 eligible people of the state went to Puri and Bhubaneswar, without spending any money on the trip, as it was taken care by the state government of Jharkhand. Puri is has the temple of Lord Jaganath and is one of the most visited pilgrimage places of the country. Food an accommodation was all arranged by the state government in collaboration with IRCTC. Another group of people will be again taken to Puri in the month of February.
The Chief Minister of Jharkhand said that this scheme would benefit a lot of people who want go for such trips but cannot, mainly due to financial problems. So this scheme would provide them all with an opportunity to go for a pilgrimage to the place that they want you and that too free of cost. The preferred candidates for this Yojana is the people who belong to the BPL categories and do have any other source for availing such trips.