Odd Even Scheme Delhi Details | Rules | Exemptions | Formula PDF
With the number of increasing transports and vehicles throughout the country, it has become a real problematic situation for the citizens. There are primarily two issues faced by the people due to such increasing number of vehicles. One is the huge amount of pollution and secondly, the unnecessary congestion on road that causes trouble for daily office goers. To reduce this issue, Delhi introduced a new scheme which is known as the Odd/Even scheme. Now, there are a lot of varying opinions regarding this scheme, while some people are completely fine with this change, some are not. In this article we are going to offer you the complete details of this scheme.
- What exactly is the Odd/Even scheme?
The scheme is based on the registration number of cars. It is quite simple scheme. For instance, if the registration number of your vehicle ends with an odd digit, you it will be allowed on the road on the odd days of the week (like 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th day). And again if the registration number ends with an even digit, your vehicle will be permitted to run on even days like 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th days and so on.
- Where did the scheme come from?
This system was first implemented in Beijing in the year 2008 just before the summer Olympics was being executed. This rule was initially a temporary one at that time, but it turned out to be really effective for Beijing. Similar road rules are being imposed in many places like Paris and Mexico, for curbing out the pollution and road congestions.
- Why is this scheme being imposed?
It was the direction of the Delhi High court that, immediate actions should be taken up by the government to reduce public inconveniences for road blockages and extreme pollution rise in air. It was mentioned that the city was becoming a “living gas chamber”. And a day after this, the Odd/Even scheme was implemented.
Certain details to know about it
- The rule shall be only implemented for the private vehicles and no other government or emergency vehicles like ambulances, school vans, PCR vans, fire tenders and public transports like the CNG driven buses, auto rickshaws and taxis shall not be levied with this regulation.
- There is good news for the bike owners that this scheme shall be only applicable for the private cars and similar vehicles but the two wheelers are not included in this scheme. Thus the bike riders can have rides on any days.
- The trucks shall not be allowed to run till across the road till 11 pm and all the vehicles need to follow the standards of Euro VI 2017. Also the Badarpur Power plant in Southern Delhi has been shut down.
- The government shall take up strict action and for those who are not going to abide by the rules of this scheme; they will have to pay a fine of Rs 2000. For the convenience of people. A new website http://www.odd-even.com/ has been launched which will help people in connecting with others in carpooling. Since a large number private car shall not run, to manage the additional pressures, the Delhi government has issued an additional number of 3000 buses. But has again raised the concern for pollution. Since the Odd/Even scheme was also introduced for reducing the population, with the increasing number of buses, we are not sure to what extent the pollution reduction will take place.
What worked for the odd/even scheme?
- Compliance: With the introduction of this Odd/Even scheme, to a certain extent the increasing road rages, high violation of traffics and accidents have reduced to a certain extent and individuals have responded well. 80% compliance has been attained from common people, which is marked as an appreciable success rate for the Odd/Even scheme.
- Congestion: While there is debate about whether the pollution levels have decreased or not, but one thing that is sure is, the congestion reduced to a great extent. The exact numbers cannot be attained at the moment, but you can really perceive that the traffic has reduced with the implementation of the Odd/Even scheme.
What didn’t work?
- Public transport: With more than 50% cars off the road, a public transport is definitely the first choice, especially in a city like Delhi. So both the DTC and metro services operated at maximum capacity. But increment of ridership was not too high. This is due to the excessive number of Ola and Uber cabs that people want to opt, during the peak hours. If people are suggested to abandon the luxury of their private cars, then, they need to be offered with suitable alternatives.
- Lack of plan: The scheme was successful for 15 days but the government needs to implement proper measures for reducing air pollution.
A tabular overview
|SL NO||What Worked||What didn’t work|
|1.||A large section of people complied with the regulations of the Odd/Even scheme||With private cars not being allowed to travel, there are no alternatives to offer people who leave the luxury of their own cars.|
|2.||While the pollution level did not decrease a lot, but he congestion has been reduced to a great extent.||The scheme needs to be backed up by proper plans to reduce the air pollution that has been a major cause of concern for the people of Delhi.|
|3.||The rule shall be only implemented for the private cars and school vans, ambulances fire tenders and public transports will not be included.|
Odd Even Scheme in Delhi in Hindi PDF
दिल्ली सरकार ने प्रदुषण की समस्या को गंभीरता से देखते हुये ऑड इवन स्कीम (odd-even scheme) को महीने में पंद्रह दिन चलाने की बात रखी हैं . इसके बारे में मुख्यमंत्री अरविन्द केजरीवाल ने प्रेस कांफ्रेंस में बात की उनका कहना हैं कि ट्रांसपोर्ट में कमी के कारण इसे पूरी तरह लागु करना बहुत कठिन हैं . इस दिशा में सरकार कार्यरत हैं और जल्द ही किसी निष्कर्ष पर पहुँचेगी . फ़िलहाल 15 अप्रैल से 30 अप्रैल तक फिर से दिल्ली में ऑड इवन स्कीम शुरू की जा रही हैं, इसे द्वितीय फेज़ के रूप में देखा जा रहा हैं |
जनवरी के पंद्रह दिनों तक दिल्ली में ऑड इवन स्कीम चलाई गई जिसकी समीक्षा के दौरान अच्छे परिणाम मिलने पर पुनः इस ऑड इवन स्कीम को शुरू किया जा रहा हैं. ऑड इवन स्कीम में भारी बदलाव नहीं किये गए हैं दी गई छुट उसी तरह से होगी .
ऑड इवन स्कीम फेज 2 मुख्य बिंदु
- ऑड इवन स्कीम को परमानेंट नहीं किया जा सकता, उसके लिये उचित ट्रांसपोर्ट की जरुरत होगी .
- स्कूल यूनिफार्म में जाने वाले बच्चो की कार को छुट देने में कई दिक्कते हैं .
- ऑड इवन स्कीम द्वितीय फेज 15 अप्रैल से शुरू होगा .
ऑड इवन स्कीम से प्रदूषण एवम भारी ट्रेफिक जैसी कई परेशानियों में राहत मिली हैं ऐसे में इसे सफल बनाने के लिए दिल्ली सरकार इस पर कार्य कर रही हैं.