Odisha Labor Card List 2020-21 (Apply Online, Check Status, Search name, District wise Beneficiary list, Card benefits, Eligibility)
The number of migrant workers, hailing from Odisha is rather high. Apart from this, thousands work in the construction sector. Many work within the state, while other travel to other states for better pay. The Odisha government had implemented the Odisha Labor Card Scheme for such workers. The state government has finally published the beneficiary list. If you want to know more about this scheme, or want to acquire information about beneficiary list checking procedure, then read this article.
Launch details of the scheme
Name of the scheme
Odisha Labor Card or Shramik Card Scheme
Date of announcement
1019 – 2020
Date of implementation
Construction workers in the state
Online registration mode
Odisha Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board
Key features of the scheme
- Welfare of the construction workers – The focus of the Odisha government is to ensure that the construction workers in the state receive the necessary financial and social securities.
- Registration of labors – The Odisha government has launched a separate portal for assisting the interested labors with online enrollment.
- Issuance of cards – The state government will verify the applicants and issue the Labor Cards, free of cost.
- Accidental perks – If the Labor Card holders become the victims of any accidents, then they will get accidental insurance coverage grant.
- Financial assistance after death – In case the Labor Card holder dies, the state government will provide a certain sum to the family. It will ensure that the family members do not suffer from financial troubles.
- Pension for labors – The Odisha government has started a unique pension scheme for the labors. The Labor Card holders will be able to partake in this scheme, and ensure a fixed pension, when they become old.
- Maternity benefits – The female labor card holders will also get special benefits during their pregnancy. They will get paid leaves and monetary aid from the Odisha government.
- Financial assistance for treatments – Sick labors, which have been admitted in the hospitals for treatment, will get financial assistance to pay the medical bills, if he/she has the Shramik Card.
- House construction loan – The possession of the Labor Card will make it easy for the beneficiaries to obtain loans from banks, for the construction of their own permanent homes.
- Skill development – The Odisha government and private skill development courses will help the labors to develop their talents. The labors need not pay any money for attending government-sponsored skill development courses. If the person attends a private program, the state government will pay a substantial portion of the course fee.
- Money for purchasing tools – The state government will also provide financial grant to the labors, which have successfully completed the skill development courses, for buying modern implements.
- Education grant for children – It will be the responsibility of the state government to ensure that the children of the labors go to school and obtain proper education. So, a separate fund has been created for offering financial support for academic endeavors.
- Grant for marriage of two girls – Most construction workers does not have the money to organize the marriage of their girls. The Odisha government will provide financial assistance to the beneficiary, for the marriage of two adult female children.
- Funeral expenses – The family members of the Shramik Card holder will obtain special financial assistance from the state government, after the death of the registered beneficiary. The money can be utilized for arranging a befitting funeral for the deceased labor.
Eligibility for the applicants
- Residential requirement – As the project will be sponsored by the Odisha government, the legal and permanent residents of this area will get the opportunity to apply for this unique pass.
- Occupational criterion – As the name suggests, the Labor Card will be issued in the name of those applicants, which are associated with the building and other construction related sectors.
- Age requirements – It has been mentioned in the scheme details, that the Shramik Card will be issued to those workers, which have attained the age of 18 years. The upper limit of the applicant’s age is 60 years.
- Must have a bank account – A number of monetary perks have been offered to the registered labors. The money will be transferred in the bank account of the person, via Direct Benefit Transfer. Thus, every applicant must have a bank account.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – Every applicant must attach a residential proof document with the enrollment form.
- Identity proof – The candidate needs to submit a photocopy of the Voter Card or the Aadhar Card with the registration form.
- Age proof – It is important that the candidate attaches a copy of the age certificate with the application form, for supporting the age-related claims.
- Occupations certificate – It is mandatory for the interested labors to attach a copy of the occupational certificate that has been issued by the Labor Welfare Board in the state.
- Bank account details – To make the financial transfers, the state government needs the bank account details of the beneficiary. So, he/she must offer a document that highlights the details of the bank account.
How to apply for the Labor Card?
- Official portal –
The construction workers, which desire the various benefits, will have to apply for the Shramik or Labor Card. For this, the candidate needs to click on the authorized portal, i.e. Click here.
- Homepage –
Clicking on this link will take the applicant to the website of Odisha Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
- Application form –
At the top of the page, the applicant will see various tabs. One of these tabs is marked as “Download.” The workers must click on this option.
- Form selection –
Clicking on this option will open another webpage. It will contain various links, which give access to different forms. The first link, marked as “Registration Form” must be selected.
- Downloading the form –
It will open the digitized version of the enrollment form. One must click on the download button to get the form. After the form has been downloaded, the candidate needs to get a print out of the document.
- Form fill-up –
The applicant must fill-up the registration document with the necessary personal, occupational, and bank details. He/she needs to attach a passport sized photograph in the respective space.
- Document attachment –
After filling the document, the applicant needs to attach the copies of the important documents, which have been mentioned above.
- Submitting the form –
The applicant can submit the form at the Block Development Office, Gram Panchayat Office or the Municipality Office. The officers will verify these applications, and forward them to the Odisha Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
How to check the status of the card application?
- Whether the applicant desires to check the status of the registration request, or search his/her name in the beneficiary list, the candidate needs to click on the link.
- After he/she has access to the main webpage, the applicant needs to click on the option that is marked as “Reports.” It is located in the option menu.
- Then the candidate must click on the option that is marked as “Reports on Beneficiaries.”
- It will trigger the portal to bring up the list that contains the names of the districts in Odisha, and the beneficiary number in the respective district.
- The beneficiary number is hyperlinked. When the applicant clicks on this number, he/she will be redirected to another page. This page contains the names of all construction workers, which will get the Labor Card, from that specific district.
Number of beneficiaries in every district
Name Of The District
Number Of Beneficiaries
In the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic, the Chief Minister of Odisha uploaded the new beneficiary list. The applicant can check the lists via the portal. The state government has directed the respective department to issue the Shramik Cards to the beneficiaries as soon as possible, for the betterment of these workers.
Ans: Yes. This scheme has been implemented by the Odisha government for improving the financial status of the workers, which are associated with real estate and other types of constructions, in and outside the state.
Ans: No. The Odisha government will not charge any fee for the registration and the issuance of the Shramik Card.
Ans: The state government developed this scheme for the betterment of the construction workers. Access to the database will enable the authority to offer the financial and social benefits to the eligible applicants.
Ans: An applicant needs to be of 18 years of age to apply for this pass. If the age of the candidate is more than 60 years, then he/she will not be the benefits, listed under the Labor Card scheme.
Ans: If any applicant desires to check out the list of beneficiaries, then he/she needs to click on the official link .
Ans: The government of Odisha has published the beneficiary list for the years 2020 – 2021. The Chief Minister had mentioned that every year, the names of new beneficiaries will be added to the list, if the meet the required criteria.
Other links –
- COVID 19 E-Pass State wise Link
- iKhedut Yojana List Gujarat
- Madhu Babu Pension Scheme Odisha List
- Biju Swasthya kalyan Yojana Odisha apply online