Pasupu Kumkuma Scheme Pathakam In Andhra Pradesh 2020 [Eligibility Criteria (SHG, DWCRA womens), Registration, Cash Amount and Smartphone Distribution Date]
The Pasupu Kumkuma Scheme has been announced in Andhra Pradesh and it will be implemented from February this year. This scheme will ensure that women, registered with self-help groups, attain maximum exposure and earn a better living. For this, the state will offer cash as well as smartphones to all eligible applicants. To know more about the eligibility and application process, read this article.
|Name of the scheme||Pasupu Kumkuma Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||N. Chandrababu Naidu|
|Date of announcement||25th January 2019|
|Announcement venue||Amaravati, Kadapa & Visakhapatnam|
|Implementation date||February 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Women registered with SHGs and DWCRA groups|
|Supervised by||Development of Women and Children in Rural Areas|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of women – The primary objective of the AP government, behind the implementation of this scheme is to ensure that the women in the state get adequate opportunities to gain financial independence.
- A better opportunity for SHGs and DWCRA groups – The scheme has been implemented for the betterment of poor and needy women, which are associated with the state Self-Help Groups. It will in turn pave the path for the development of the SHGs and DWCRA groups as well.
- Financial assistance for females – Under this scheme, all eligible applicants will receive Rs. 10000 from the AP government.
- Access to smartphones – Apart from the financial grant for every woman, the state government will also provide each applicant with a smart phone. It will help the women to become technologically advanced as well.
- Total number of beneficiaries – A rough estimates suggests that around 93 lakh eligible women will fall under this unique program.
- Estimated budget for implementation – The state government has announced that it will have to shell out as much as Rs. 9400 crore from its coffers to ensure proper implementation of this scheme. Though the state does not have access to such funds, it promised that it will borrow money from central government to ensure the success of this scheme.
Payment in installments –
The scheme draft highlights that the specified funds will be given in three separate installments. The first installment will be issued within the first three days of the month of February. Under this, beneficiaries will get Rs. 2500. The second installment will be issued at the end of the 2nd month or in the beginning of March. The government will offer Rs. 3500 during this installment payment. The final installment will be paid in the month of April 2019. Applicants will receive Rs. 4000 during this installment payment.
|SNO||Installments||Amount||Cheque distribution date|
|1.||First installment||2500||2nd Feb|
|2.||Second installment||3500||8th March|
|3.||Third installment||4000||5th April|
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential qualification – The main eligibility for becoming a part of this scheme is to fulfill the residential requirement. If the women are not legal residents of the state, then they will not be able to get the benefits. Thus, all interested applicants must furnish copies of their residential documents.
- Must be associated with any SHG – If the woman in not associated ort registered with any Self-Help Group in the city, then they will not be able to attain the benefits of the program.
- Personal ID documents – It is also important that the women furnish photocopies of their voter, Aadhar or ration cards, while filling in the registration form.
- SHG certificates – It is mandatory for all interested women to submit their SHG registration documents. These groups offer some kind of a document to ensure that the particular women are a part of the group.
How to apply and get application form?
The scheme is rather new. The state government has not released any information about the overall registration procedure. As the scheme is closely associated with the members of the Self-Help Groups, then it is assumed that the enrollment will also take place via these organizations. Once the state government releases the details of the enrollment process, we will offer the details on this site.
With the successful implementation of this project, the women in the state will get better opportunities to become financially self-dependent. The Self-Help Groups will also be able to expand their wings, and work towards the betterment of more needy women, living both in the cities and in villages of Andhra Pradesh.
Other links –
- Jai Kisan Rin Mukti Yojana In MP Form
- How Can I Withdraw Cash Without ATM Card?
- Chandranna Pelli Kanuka Scheme Toll Free Number
- AP Rythu Runa Mafi Scheme List