Patta Chitta: Status, View Land Ownership (eservices.tn.gov.in) in Tamil Nadu, Land Records, Login, Status, Paper,
The Prime Minister of India stresses on the need for digitizing the government departments. Apart from hardcopy, it is necessary to keep digitized backups of the important documents. Digitization enables the central and state governments to monitor and update data easily. It also makes the information dissemination process simple. The common people will be able to get the data they require from the official portal. Thus, there is no need to waste time in the government offices. In keeping with this view, the Tamil Nadu state government has digitized the Land Record Department. Now, residents will be able to gather plot related details, and opt for Patta Chitta Scheme through the authorized website.
Patta document in Tamil Nadu
After the implementation of the digitization process, the Tamil Nadu government decided to release the Patta papers for landholders. The owners of the plots can click on the official portal, and complete the application process easily. The Patta is an important official paper that contains relevant data about the land and its owner. These are:
- The name of the land owner
- The official Patta number
- The authorized survey number
- The authorized subdivision code
- The measurement of the land
- Locational details of the plot (village, block, ward, district, taluka)
- Category of the land (Dry or Wetland)
- Documents highlighting the land taxation details
Chitta land document
The Tamil Nadu government offers the Chitta document to highlight the nature and dimension of the land. It also highlights the revenue that the particular plot of land generates. This document also highlights the land category, i.e. whether it is a wetland (nanjai) or dryland (punjai).
Documents necessary for the scheme
- Sale deeds – It is mandatory for the owner of the land to produce a copy and the original sale deed.
- Identification of the land owner – The land owner needs to offer copies of such documents, which support his/her identity claims. The Aadhar card and voter card will be considered for this purpose.
- Land holding claims – Documents, such as the tax papers of the land, will highlight that the plot belongs to the applicant.
- Encumbrance papers – Apart from the above-mentioned documents, the applicant needs to upload a copy of the encumbrance certificate, during registration.
How to register for the scheme online?
- Online portal – All individuals, interested in registering for the Patta Chitta Scheme will have to log in on the official portal. For getting access to site, one must click on the link .
- Option selection – On the home page, the applicant needs to click on the option that is marked as ‘‘View Patta & FMB/Citta/TSLR Extract.” It will open another page.
- Location selection – Here, the applicant must select the location of the plot, i.e. urban or rural. Apart from this, the applicant must select the district name, by clicking on the drop down arrow. After this, the person needs to click on the “Submit” button.
- Submission of other details – The former step triggers the site to bring up another webpage. Here, the applicant must select the names of the district, taluka, town, ward and block. Additionally, the survey and sub-division codes must be mentioned.
- Authenticating the application – At second last step involves the verification of the application. The candidate will get a capchat code on the page. He/she must type in the verification code in the correct filed.
- Submission – To save the registration form, the applicant must click on the “Submit” option.
Fee application for online registration
The Tamil Nadu government has mentioned that landholders, who are opting for the portal-based Patta application process, must shell out Rs. 500. The money must be deposited by any of the online payment modes. It has made the process easy and hassle-free for the applicants.
How to check the status of the application?
- After digitization of the State Land Records Department, an individual can check the status of the Patta application via the official portal. To get to this website, one must click on the link .
- When the application status page opens, the person must type in the “Application ID” and the capchat code.
- Then the applicant must click on the button that is marked as “Get Status.”
- It will trigger the portal to produce the current status of the Patta application.
How to verify the Patta certificate?
- If the land holder desires to verify the authenticity of the Patta certificate, then he/she can click on the link .
- There are many options on the home page. The candidate needs to click on the option that is marked as “Verify Patta.”
- When a new page opens, the person must type in the reference number.
- After this, he/she needs to click on the button that is marked as “Submit.”
- It will trigger the site to bring up the necessary verification details.
How to transfer the Patta Chitta certificate?
- Transferring the Patta Chitta certificate becomes necessary when the original owner of the land wants to sell it to someone else. The initiation of the transfer process must be done manually or offline.
- The owner of the land must fill in the form and submit it to the office of the tahsildar, in the village or district.
- It is the responsibility of the tahsildar to verify these documents. If the officer gives his/her consent, then the Patta Chitta certificate can be transferred in the name of the new owner.
How will an applicant view a register extract?
- For viewing the register extract, a candidate must click on the official website link, i.e. .
- On the main website page, the applicant must click on the option that is marked as “View Patta Copy / A-Register Extract.”
- Then he/she needs to select the “view A-Register Extract” option.
- It will trigger the site to bring up a new page. Here, the candidate needs to select the names of the taluka, district and the village.
- After this, he/she needs to type in the survey number. Then, the person must enter the subdivision number.
- The page will highlight a code that will work as the authentication number. It must be types in the correct field.
- After this, the candidate needs to click on the “Submit” button.
- It will trigger the website to bring up the digitized version of the official document.
How to gather details of the registration status?
- If an individual is interested in checking the registration status, then he/she must click on the official link .
- When the home page appears, the person will find an option on the left side of the page. It is marked as “Know your Application status Click Here.”
- As soon as the person clicks on this link, a new page will open up in a new tab.
- The individual must type in the registration ID and the highlighted capchat code in the respective fields.
- After this, the person must select the option “Get Status.” It will trigger the portal to bring up the current status of the application.
The State Land Records Department plays a crucial role in the revenue generation process. The tax that the government collected from the land owners depends on the size and nature of the plot. Maintaining meticulous land records also helps the government in preventing illegal constructions. The digitization of this department helps the common people and the government officials to gain access to relevant details quickly.