PM MITRA (Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks) Yojana 2021, Online Form, Registration, Beneficiaries, Eligibility, Documents, Official Website, Helpline Number
The proposal for the establishment of Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks was announced in Union Budget 2021-22. The Government came up with this idea to help the textile industry in attracting investments, enhancing job opportunities, and exports. It will help the textile industry to withstand the stiff global competition. Recently, the government has approved the setting up of seven Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks with an investment of Rs 4445 crores. The parks are going to get established in greenfield sites or brownfields of the interested states. So, let us go through the article to know more about the union cabinet announcements regarding the establishment of Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks.
PM MITRA (Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks) Yojana 2021
|Scheme Name||Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks|
|Launched By||The Central Government|
|Implementation Under||Textile Ministry|
|Beneficiary||Indian Textile Industry|
|Goals||Establishment of Textile Parks, Employment Opportunities, Infrastructure, and so on.|
|Announcement||Union Budget 2021-22|
|Official Website||Click here|
What is PM MITRA Scheme
The Government came up with the idea of the establishment of Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks to boost Indian Textile at the grassroots level. Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks would create a conducive ecosystem for the entire textile industry so that domestic workers can improve and excel. The union government also aims to develop a world-class infrastructure to improve exports. To serve the purpose, the government requires the land parcels of 1000 acres in the states who are willing to host Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks.
PM MITRA Scheme Selected State
Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks are going to get set up in the greenfield or brownfield sites of the selected states. Ten states have already shown their willingness to set up parks. These states are Punjab, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh.
PM MITRA Scheme Features
- Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks will aid in enhancing employment opportunities.
- It will create direct employment of 7 Lakhs and indirect employment of 14 Lakhs.
- Sites for the park are going to get finalized by ‘Challenge Method’.
- Parks will include the facilities for the processes like spinning, dyeing, weaving, printing, and so on.
- It will also help in reducing the cost of logistics.
- Maximum Development Capital Support of Rs 500 crores is to be allocated to greenfield sites for the development of common infrastructure.
- Maximum Development Capital Support of Rs 200 crores is to be allocated to brownfield sites for infrastructural development.
- The center will also aid the parks with Rs 300 crores for the development of manufacturing units.
- It aims to establish domestic companies as global players.
- The parks are going to get developed by Special Purpose Vehicle. The state and central governments are going to be its owners in Public-Private Partnership Mode.
- Under the setup, 50% area is going to be utilized for the sake of pure manufacturing, 20% area will be available for utilities while 10% is to be allocated for the commercial development.
- The selection of Master Developer for the industrial parks will be based on the objective criteria. The decision upon objective criteria will be taken jointly by the center and state governments.
PM MITRA Scheme Beneficiary
Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks will help domestic manufacturers and industries to avail the of world-class infrastructure. The entire textile industry graduates as the beneficiary of this scheme.
PM MITRA Scheme Official Website
The Ministry of Textiles is the implementing agency for Mega Integrated Textile Regions and Apparel Parks. We can go through the necessary details from the official site of the ministry. The union government keeps updating the ongoing developments.
Ans : The Union Government.
Ans : The Ministry of textiles.
Ans : Union Budget 2021-22.
Other Links –