PM USP Scholarship Scheme 2022 (scholarship amount, official website, documents, portal, helpline number, beneficiaries, benefits, application form, registration, how to apply, eligibility, list, status)
The Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan Special Scholarship has been extended by the Ministry of Education. It will be beneficial for Kashmir, Jammu, and Ladakh students, and it can be done by 31st March 2026.The arrangement of scholarships is mainly available for students belonging to the poor sections of society. If you want to apply for the scholarship, here are the scheme’s details to opt for the suitable one. Know the eligibility criteria and its extension to find the eligibility to apply for the scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan Scheme 2022
|Name of scheme||Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan|
|Launched by||Ministry of Education|
|Scheme has been extended by||26 th March, 2026|
|Beneficiaries of scheme||Economically background families|
|Areas included under scheme||Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh|
|Income limit||rupees 4.5 LPA|
What are the features under PM-USP Scheme
- States eligible to apply – Students from Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh are eligible for the scheme. However, students outside the states can also apply for the same and enjoy its benefits.
- Upper income limit for the scheme – The upper-income limit of the scheme has been reduced to rupees 4.5 LPA as per the PM-USP scholarship, and it is mainly for college and university students and the ones under Central Sector Interest Subsidy Scheme.
- Number of new scholarships – A total of 5000 scholarships are available under the above-said scheme for the underprivileged students of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh
What are the different categories of scholarship benefits?
When applying for the scholarship, one should know the eligibility criteria for the same. It should mainly depend on the stream and course a student is studying in and accordingly can get the scholarship benefit from the scheme. It goes as follows for tuition fees and allowance fees.
- The tuition fee for the general course is rupees 30000
- Engineering course is rupees 1.25 lakhs annually
- Medical course is rupees 3 lakhs
There is a fixed allowance of rupees 1 LPA offered to all the students who apply for the scheme benefits.
The revision of the upper-income limit for each household revenue will be accessed on the basis of the financial year 2022-2023. However, the interested candidate should furnish suitable and supporting documents of annual family income at the time of registering for the scholarship scheme and enjoying its benefits.
Who can register for the scholarship scheme?
- Educational qualification– Students studying in college or university and are willing to pursue higher education in medical, engineering, or general course stream can apply to get the scholarship benefits
- Income limit – The annual income limit of students’ families has been reduced to rupees 4.5 LPA,which has been previously rupees 6 LPA. This has helped more students to opt for the scholarship scheme and enjoy the perks
- Total seats for scholarship opportunity – There is a total of 5000 fresh seats for students who wish to take the scholarship opportunity
The interested candidate can apply within the 31st March 2026 to get the scholarship benefits and complete their education. However, an interested candidate should check the rate of tuition fees and allowance fees under the scholarship.
What are the documents required for the scheme?
- Educational details – The candidates studying in colleges and universities of Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh should furnish suitable educational certificates in support of their claim
- Income certificate – It is one of the important certificates to furnish when a candidate registers for the scholarship scheme. As per the revised upper limit of family income, the annual income certificate will help show the authenticity of the candidate to get the scholarship benefit
- Identification details – The candidate should furnish suitable identification documents such as an Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter Id card, or equivalent to justify that they are students
How to register for the scholarship and get its benefits?
As the scholarship scheme extension is a newly proposed step by the Ministry of Education, the details of the registration method are yet to come. However, the official portal will be updated soon with the necessary details, and the eligible candidates will be the first to know about it in detail.
The revision of the upper limit of family income of interested candidates will make way for more students to take up education seriously and complete the journey. This is the way that would encourage the deserving and willing candidates to complete their engineering, medical, or general course study. This would further help them get the desired job in the field and get a life for better living in the future.
FAQ of scheme
Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh
Rupees 4.5 LPA
Ministry of Education
Poor students in society
Other Links –