Prime Minister (PM) Research Fellowship (Stipend/ Salary) Scholarship Scheme (PMRF Full Form) for Ph.D. Students (Rs 80000 Per Month) Application Form, FAQ, List, Eligibility Criteria, Result @pmrf.in
The HR (Human Resource) Ministry under the supervision of the central government has announced the candidates to make submissions of the application forms to get registered under the PM Fellowship Research scheme. Under the new PMRF scheme it is expected that the government will be providing opportunities for some of the best talents from within the country to participate under the Doctorate Program (PhD). The facility for the fellowship program will be offered to the candidates via IISc and IIT corridors.
Prime Minister Research Fellowship Important Date Time & Schedule
As per the regulations stated by the central government authorities, the form submission details have been mentioned here in the below table:-
|1||Starting dates for enrolling for the registration online applications||February 24th|
|2||Final dates for the enrolment for the online application form for PMRF||March 31st (Mid Night)|
|3||Interview session for the candidate at the Nodal centers||May 15th|
|4||Results declaration dates||June 1st (Online).|
Prime Minister Research Fellowship Eligibility Rules
- In order to take the complete benefit under the scheme the candidate will have to fulfill in few important criteria. As the program is related to offering fellowship under the Doctorates program so it is obvious that the candidate should be pursuing his higher level of education in the fourth year of UG (Under Graduate) program with passing marks.
- Apart from this the candidate should be enrolled under the M.Tech program (Integrated) for 5 year or should have completed his M.Sc. program for 5 years course.
- Any candidate pursuing 5 year program under UGPG program (Under Graduate- Post Graduate) program as degree can also avail full benefit of the fellowship program.
- It is also important that the eligible candidate should have completed his proficiency and secured minimum of 8 out of 10 CPI or CGPA. If the candidate is pursuing five year UGPG integrated program then his scores for first four years will be considered under the program for eligibility.
- Before The Doctorate fellowship program is only open for candidates who are pursuing course in science and technology faculty from IISERs, NIT, IIT and IISc. But now Any university student can register and cement his/her position under this scholarship scheme by proving his/her true worth.
Prime Minister Research Fellowship Key Features
- Under the new fellowship program the government aims at offering benefit to the deserving candidates who wish to pursue higher education in the research field for technology and science fields.
- The government has also stated that using the new web portal services the candidates will also be having the convenience of registering under the program instantly online over the pmrf.in.
- The government has also stated that the new drive has been taken with an aim to attract talent and offer chance to new talents on priority basis from the nation wide platform that is not restricted to any particular state or region and caste.
Prime Minister Research Fellowship Stipend details
- As a part of the national drive the government will also offer with stipend to the registered candidates under the doctorate program. For the first initial two years of the program the government will offer stipend of Rs 70000 monthly to each candidate as salary.
- During the third year program the government has announced to offer with stipend of Rs 75000 every month to the candidate registered under program.
- Under the same program for the forth and fifth year each of the candidate under the program will get a stipend of Rs 80000 every month as salary. Apart from this the government has also announced to offer Rs 10 lakh grant for full five years (Rs 2 lakh yearly).
he below mentioned table displays the format of stipend offered to the students during the five year program.
|Studying Year||Stipend (Monthly)||Stipend (Yearly)||Total|
|1||70 K||2 L||10,40,000|
|2||70 K||2 L||10,40,000|
|3||75 K||2 L||11,00,000|
|4||80 K||2 L||11,60,000|
|5||80 K||2 L||11,60,000|
|Total||Rs. 55 L|
Prime Minister Research Fellowship Application Form (How to apply)
- Interested candidates who want to get registered under the Doctorate fellow ship program will have to first visit the online website at pmrf.in from their web browser.
- The moment you are on the official website home page you will have to make the selection of the “apply online” option. You will be redirected towards the registration form that has to be filled in with details.
- The candidate will have to complete the registration form online and then upload their relevant documents officially. Once the documents have been uploaded the forms will have to be submitted. Candidates also have the option to collect a print out copy for future reference.
Interested candidate will have to make the payment of Rs 1000 as application form fee. The payment of the fee can directly be made by candidates via online web portal. On selecting the online payment mode you will be redirected towards the SBI portal where after agreeing to the terms and condition you will be able to make direct payment. Once the payment has been made an e-Receipt will be generated for your reference in the form of PDF format. Candidates are expected to provide with reference number on the application form.
For effective implementation of the scheme for students the government has already allocated a set budget of Rs 1650 crore. The central government has announced that the set budget will be used for coming 7 years for funding the program.
Changes in Eligibility Criteria –
There is good news for higher-education candidates as Human Resource Development Minister announced that applicants from all Indian universities can enroll for the Prime Minister Research Fellowship scheme. Prakash Javadekar added that earlier it was decided that students from IISC, IITs, IISERs, NITs, and IITs that receive funding from central government will only be allowed to partake in this project. But that would have been unfair for other university candidates. To offer all candidates a level playing ground, central government has decided to lift this eligibility bar for application.