Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (RGSA) Aim for Dalits
India is a country that is widely divided into different castes and tribes. Majority of the Country population belongs to the people from Back Ward caste like Schedule Caste (SC) and Schedule Tribes (ST). People belonging to these categories of Caste like ST and SC or BC are generally considered as Dalit groups. With an aim to please people belonging to these categories of the society, the Central government has announced to launch the new initiative termed as RGSA (Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan).
As per the latest updates, the central government aims at launching the new drive nation wide in all districts and states. Under this new initiative the directives have been given to the ministers of the states to spend a night with people belonging to these castes of the societies within their regions.
Launched Date And Guidelines
For effective implementation of the new Abhiyan, the central government has directed for implementation of the drive nation wide starting from 14th April till 5th May . During this time period the Ministers of the nation will have to spend their time amongst the Dalit groups (ST/SC) categories. http://www.panchayat.gov.in/documents/10198/1184152/RGSYGuidlineEnglish.pdf
- Under the new Abhiyan the directives have been given to the Ministers to collect full detailed reports from the people belonging to above mentioned caste categories related to the awareness of the various government implemented welfare schemes and initiatives.
- As a part of the new drive, the Ministers are also expected to provide an in-depth information related to various government beneficiary schemes including PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, PM Ujjwala Yojana, PM Jan Dhan Yojana, PM Awas Yojana, Saubhagya Yojana, PM Suraksha Bima Yojana etc.
- It is expected that under this drive the central government aims at keeping the Dalit families informed about the benefits they can get under the schemes provided by the Central and State governments for their benefit. By implementing the RGSA drive nation wide the government aims at educating the people belonging to back ward class of the society for schemes that have only been introduced by the government for their benefit. They will also be provided with complete details related to procedure to follow to get the benefits. The government also aims at celebrating 24th April as Panchayat Raj Divas.
Details of RGSA (Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan)
- The new initiative has been announced by the central government with an aim to help reach more number of Dalit people nationwide. The government also aims at collecting full details and reports from them and exchanging information related to government schemes.
- Under the new drive the government also expects to try and cover more number of rural areas and villages that are also a hub for people belonging to the ST and SC category of society.
- To make the implementation more effective the central government has also announced that the concerned Ministers will be taking shelter in the houses of Dalit people during the drive. This will help them to get familiar with the type of living conditions these people are facing.
- The central government has also announced that the new initiative will be implemented on 14th April 2018- to mark the Birth anniversary of Dalit leader Dr. B R Ambedkar.
The central government has announced the implementation of the Abhiyan with an aim to help boost the ideal of Good governance within the country. The new drive is expected to help deprived people get connected to the government and all initiatives. This move will keep them informed about the various schemes that have been launched related to free LPG connections, electricity, affordable homes, insurance and health benefits. The door to door campaign will be run by the government with an aim to offer benefit to each and every individual of the society.
- Amma Bio Fertilizer Scheme in Tamil Nadu
- Udyog Mitra Portal in Rajasthan 2019
- YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2019
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana