Register in Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2020 under Swachh Bharat Swachh Vidyalaya Scheme @www.swachhvidyalaya.com, Last Date, App and Application Form, List, Guideline, UPSC, Registration
The Swachh Bharat Vidyalaya is a scheme which was taken up by the government to encourage cleanliness in schools. To promote this thought, they will ask for schools to register and those that are found proper in arrangement will be rewarded.
Launch details and Last date
This scheme was launched in the year 2016-17 and it was announced by none other than the Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself. It is a part of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan which was launched with the same motto.
Start date of registration: Sept 2019
Last date for registration: Nov 2019
Features of the scheme
- As per this scheme, the schools and the educational institutes around the country will get rewarded for adopting cleanliness and hygiene methods within their premises.
- The main objective of the scheme is to ensure that the schools are hygienic and that they are teaching the children to take care of their surroundings. With this agenda, the scheme started in 2016.
- As a result of this scheme the girl children will also not stop going to the schools in the midway. They will get hygienic systems which will also stop spreading diseases.
- This scheme, as a part of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan which started in the year 2014, began its operations from 2016 onwards. It is being renewed for the next phase which is from 2017-18.
- The parent scheme has a target to get the whole nation clean and sanitized by the year 2019. Schools, where students learn cleanliness apart from getting basic education is targeted for a reason.
- 35 states took part in the scheme from the year 2016 to 2017. The states choose more than 640 schools and another 172 schools were chosen for the national award.
- Last year, only government schools could take part in this scheme but this year it has been extended to the private schools as well. This is why there is a wide increase in the number of participants.
- Nearly 2, 68,402 schools have applied for the scheme this year. This year the scheme will go bigger and the students will also participate in various activities.
- The schools that are taking part in this scheme are to call their students ‘cleanliness ambassadors’. Doing so puts them in the position of responsibility for the maintenance as well.
How can the schools participate in this scheme?
Whether you are a government school participating in the scheme or a private school, there are certain basic rules and regulations you must be aware of before taking part. Check out all of that here –
How shall schools be rewarded?
- The main aspect of the scheme is to reward the schools as per their ranks on a national level. They will be thoroughly selected and rewarded by the central government after a keen observation.
- They will be ranked on the basis of their water availability, general behavior, sanitization, cleanliness, condition of hygiene, condition of or lack thereof of the bathrooms, and other aspects relating to cleanliness.
Types of awards
So based on your sanitation level, you will be ranked as a green, blue or yellow school. Now it will decide the rewards you can get.
- District level rewards: At this level, you shall be rewarded regardless of the blue, green or yellow tag. All of these three category schools can participate and win an award at the district level.
- State or UT level: This level is a notch higher and therefore only the Green and the Blue rated schools are eligible to participate here.
- National Level: This is the top most level. Only the most hygienic and well kept school can reach this level. You have to qualify as a green category school to reach this level.
How to register online
- Step 1: Go to this link http://www.swachhvidyalaya.com/ which will take you to the home page of the scheme directly. On the landing page you will see a link called “Apply” – click it.
- Step 2: If you cannot find the Apply button simply look for it on the main menu of the website. Once you open this page you will again have to click on ‘Online survey’.
- Step 3: On this page you will find the blank fields which you have to fill to participate. Details like school type, number of students in the school, etc have to be entered in this part of the application form.
- Step 4: After you finish it, you will see an option called “Submit” at the bottom of the page. Make sure that you have entered everything correctly and then click on “submit.”
- Step 5: At this point you will get a password on your mobile number. Don’t delete this message because you will need this password to login to your account henceforth.
- Step 6: Now at this point the basic registration process will have been completed. You will, however, still have to fill up 5 more sections of the page.
- Step 7: Once the registration is complete, just keep checking your email IDs or your phone messages because you will be asked to complete the whole registration later. All you have to do is enter correct details and you are good to go.
What is U-DISE code?
You may come across U-DISE code when filling the form. If you do not have this code already then you must immediately avail it from the district or state level. To avail it, you will have to download the Data Capture format (DCF) and submit it at the block or district or state level.
The authorities will then generate your U-DISE code and give you the same. To download the DCF form you will have to visit the website and login. Or you can simply click on this link – http://www.dise.in/Downloads/UDISE_DCF2015-16.pdf
Swachh Vidyalaya Android App
If you are an Android smartphone owner then you can register even more easily. You can download the mobile app which is available on PlayStore and from there register for the scheme https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glt.sv . If you want to get the link to download directly from the government then give a missed call on this number 0709728093. You will be sent a link to download the app in your inbox.
Needless to say cleanliness is extremely essential for the state and the world at large. Through this scheme that very need will be addressed. Also young minds will be encouraged to value cleanliness which is a very essential step to achieve the same results in future.
This is why this scheme is being implemented on such a wide scale as it should be. According to the authorities, this scheme will become much bigger in implementation in future as more people will join hands to make India cleaner in future.