Report Crime Using Digital Police Portal (digitalpolice.gov.in)
Mr. Rajnath Singh, Home Minister (Union) has announced the launch of the new web portal termed as Crime & Criminal Tracking Network & System (CCTNS). The new launched web portal is the digital portal that has been launched for the Police services. The new portal has been launched to digitalize the entire database for maintaining criminal and crime record.
- The new web portal for CCTNS services was launched officially on Monday 21st August 2017. As the portal needs to be updated with complete past database so it is certain that the process will take time.
- The officials have also announced that the project presently has been extended for complete functionality till one year and is expected to be fully functional from March 2018.
- The extension period will offer officials with sufficient time such that the overall goals set by CCTNS can be achieved during this time period.
Key Features of the web portal
- Till date it is certain that the government authorities have managed to link over 13,775 different Police stations from over a total of 15,398 different locations across the country.
- With the introduction of the New CCTNS system the government has also managed to update the record of over 7 crore different criminal cases from various police stations across the country.
- A complete digital Police log details have been provided by the research agencies and CBI so that the crime statistics across the country can be easily accessed by the authorities.
- Under the new CCTNS it is certain that the authorities aim at linking over 5000 Police officials along with over 15,398 stations from across the country such that charge sheet, Investigation and FIR lodging can be digitalized in each of the location.
Services under this web Portal
- As the service is offered online so it is certain that citizens will be able to register their complaints on the web portal from any location. This will offer with convenience to track the crime statistics so that it is easily accessible.
- Using the new web portal services it is certain that the citizens will have the convenience of checking with background and registering the complaints online.
- Apart from this if in case anyone wants to check for antecedent verification then he or she can also make use of the database in the web portal from any location.
- Using the new web portal service it is certain that the investigating agencies will be able to access a complete record of the criminal and the crime across the country using the pan India search facility by CCTNS.
- It is also certain that the new web portal will offer with convenience to generate over 46 reports after performing 11 distinct searches nationwide for investigating agencies and State police.
- Using the online portal it is possible to perform other services including crime reporting, verification before issuing the passport and checking with the progress of the pending cases.
- Apart from this you can also make use of its services for reporting any misconduct done by any police official, legal services or victim fund access.
How to report a crime
- To report any crime or criminal activities going on in your area you just have to log on to the official website https://digitalpolice.gov.in/
- Under the services for citizens section you have to click the first option “Report a crime” from your mouse.
- Then you have to make the selection of the state where you reside from the drop box. You can also log in if you are already a user or create your new log in id.
- Once you have selected the state you shall be redirected towards the particular state web portal service where you have to enter your details and crime information.
How to request for persons verification
- To request for the verification of a person using the web portal you have to log on to the official web portal from your web browser.
- On the main page you have to look around for “person’s verification request” under the citizens’ services column on the left side of the web page.
- Once you selected the option you will be redirected to the next page where you have to log in using your login details. After this you have to make the selection of the verification type.
- Now you have to provide with your details for verification and then it is important to save the details you have entered.
- It is certain that to develop the new CCTNS system and to link it nationwide the government and authority has announced a set budget of Rs 2000 crore for the entire project.
- The government has already made it very clear that a total of Rs 1550 crore has already been spent by the authorities so far in the fiscal year 2016-17.
It is certain that under the new system the government aims at creating a complete database that shall be accessible to various intelligence agencies and Police authorities.