Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme Pariyojana Project Download Application form West Bengal (Assistance for marriage of poor women)[রুপশিরি-প্রকল্পা In Bengali]
The West Bengal state government has announced the launch of the new Rupashree Prakalpa scheme (রুপশিরি-প্রকল্পা) within the state. The scheme has been implemented within the state after successful launch of Kanyashree scheme state wide. The state government, as a part of the new drive will be offering with financial assistance to the girls belonging to the economically poor families of the society. The financial assistance shall be offered to the girls at the time of her marriage. The government, for better implementation of the scheme and proper assistance under the scheme will be providing with a help of Rs 25000 to each registered beneficiary. The financial assistance will only be provided to the girls during her marriage.
- The new scheme for implementation state wide has been announced by the States finance Ministry. It is also expected that the scheme will offer with benefit to over 6 lakhs beneficiaries.
- The FM of the state Amit Mitra on 31st January 2018 in the state Cabinet meeting. For making the process of implementation more effective the government has also announced to launch the provision for online registration of the candidates. Applicants who wish to avail benefit of the scheme can now get registered online via application forms. The forms can be downloaded in the PDF format via official website.
Beneficiaries (Eligibility Criteria)
- To take the benefit under the Rupashree Prakalpa scheme the beneficiaries have to be the citizen of the state of West Bengal by birth. Apart from this the beneficiary should also be belonging to the Economically poor section of the society.
- The state government will only offer benefit to the candidate whose annual or yearly household income is not more than Rs 1.5 lakhs. The scheme benefit can be availed by girls belonging to the BC category of the society. To take full benefit under the scheme the beneficiary should be of legal age (18 years or above) at the time of her marriage. It is also important that the benefit will be provided to the candidate only at the time she gets married within the state of West Bengal.
Financial Assistance under the scheme
- As per the statements made bye the state government tit is obvious that the beneficiary will be provided with Rs 25,000 in the form of financial assistance by the government. This amount was officially declared and announced by the state government at the time of budget 2017-18 announcement in the Cabinet meet.
- The state government has also declared that the financial assistance will be helpful for the guardians and parents of the girl as they may not have to mortgage or borrow money from any private money lender for getting their daughter married.
- As a part for the new drive for boosting women empowerment within the society the state government has announced to launch the new scheme so the women of the state can request for financial assistance at the time of getting married. The money will directly be provided by the government to the beneficiary in her account as monetary assistance.
- The government has also stated that under the scheme the girls and women of the state will be offered with assistance directly by the government as additional grant that will not be dependent on the benefit availed by the beneficiary under any other government scheme.
- The fund equivalent to Rs 25,000 shall be distributed to the beneficiary who is of legal age limit (18 years or above) only at the time of marriage. The compensation under the scheme will be provided by the state government equivalent to Rs 2000 and will only be given to the beneficiary after one year completion of her graduation in college.
Process for application form Download
- The government has announced to down load the application form online over the web portal. The beneficiary will have to fill in the application form online and offline as well.
- The application forms can now be downloaded directly by the online website in the form of PDF format. The candidates are expected to read the conditions of eligibility criteria before downloading the form. Applicants can also directly download the application form by visiting the link at Rupashree-Prakalpa-Application-Form-1.pdf..
- Apart from this the forms can also be availed by the candidates from the nearby Municipal office / BDO or SDO. It is also important that the application forms have to be submitted before the girl gets married so the money can directly be deposited in the bank account of the beneficiary.
To make the process of application more simplified the candidate will have to submit the application form and documents along. This means that they have to provide with their birth certificate copies along with the form. They also have to submit their marriage card details along with the valid bank account details.
Each valid document has to be submitted by the candidate at the BDO or SDO or Municipal office along with forms at least a week before marriage. The moment government has done with process of verification the money will be transferred in the bank account of the beneficiary.
To make the implementation of the scheme more effective the state government has announced to set a budget of Rs 1500 crore for the fiscal year 2017-18 implementation. The new implementation has been made by the government with an aim to eliminate child marriage issues in the state.