Rythu Runa Mafi Scheme in Telangana (Farmer Crop Loan Waiver Scheme) 2020 [Farmer Beneficiary List, Application Form Download online, Eligibility, Check Loan Status, Check Name List, New Guidelines, FAQ]
The government of Telangana had announced a Crop Loan Waiver Scheme in 2018. In a bid to offer more benefits, the current government has changes some of the scheme guidelines. If you want to know more about the features and guidelines, then read this article.
Launch details of the scheme
Name of the scheme
Crop Loan Waiver Scheme
K Chandrashekhar Rao
Date of announcement
2018 – 2019
Announcement of new guidelines
17th March 2020
Poor farmers who have taken agricultural loans
Government of Telangana
Key features of the scheme
- Development of the farmers – The state Chief Minister is hopeful that the operation of this project will pave the path for the progress of the agricultural sector and betterment of the farmers.
- Offering financial assistance – Under this scheme, the state government will waive off the agricultural loans, which have been taken by farmers. It will eliminate the financial pressure from the shoulders of the agricultural workers.
- Crop loan waiver limit – Normal agricultural credit borrowers will get a maximum of Rs. 25,000 waived off, as per the guidelines of the project.
- Other types of agricultural loans – It has been highlighted in the new scheme guidelines that famers, who have opted for short-term agro loans and credit schemes against gold, will be allowed to attain the perks of this project.
- Limit of outstanding loan amount – The limit for short-term and gold loan applicants will get a financial assistance that ranges from Rs. 25,000 to Rs.1 lakh.
- Total number of beneficiaries – The Chief Minister pointed out that the when the different phases of this project become operational, around 5.83 lakh state farmers will be benefitted.
- Mode of payment – The state government will offer official cheque to every beneficiary who will be selected for the crop loan waiver project.
- Phase wise implementation – The farmers that come under the up to Rs. 25,000 loan waiver slab will get the benefits during the implementation of the first phase. The agricultural workers that come under the Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 1 lakh loan waiver slab will get the benefits in four separate phases.
- Tenure of the scheme – The Chief minister of the state has highlighted that the scheme will be continued for the upcoming four financial years.
- Budget allocated for the project – The Finance Department of Telangana has already allocated a budget of Rs 1,198 crore for the smooth implementation of the first phase. For the remaining phases, the state government will need Rs 24,738 crore. The Finance Department has already created a fund consisting of Rs 6,225 crore is this regard.
Click Here for Rythu Bheema Scheme Pathakam Form
Eligibility for the applicants
- Residents of Telangana – The crop loan waiver project will be sponsored by the Telangana government. So, only the legal residents of this state will be able to enroll for the benefits.
- Occupational requirements – The scheme has been developed for those individuals that are permanently associated with farming practices to earn their livelihood.
- Financially weak farmers can apply – Special attention will be given to the agricultural workers that have come under the BPL category.
- Loan issuance criterion – Only those farmers will be allowed to partake in this scheme that had applied and acquired the agricultural credits within 1st April 2014 to 11th December 2018.
Documents necessary for registration
- Residential proof – Every candidate needs to furnish official papers that shed light on the fact that the farmer is a legal and permanent inhabitant of this state.
- Identification proof – If the candidate desires to attain the perks of this project, then he must attach a scanned copy of the Aadhar Card with the registration form.
- Occupational documents – It is imperative that the interested candidate acquires a certificate that has been issued by the State Farmers Association.
- BPL certificate – If the farmer falls in the BPL category, then he must provide a copy of the BPL certificate
- Loan application documents – The copies of the loan documents, which highlight the nature and credit amount, must be submitted for verification.
Click Here to get information of Investment Scheme for Telangana Farmers
How to obtain registration form and apply for the scheme?
During the recent announcement, the Chief Minister of the state has mentioned that some changes will be made in the application process. The state government wants to ensure that more and more eligible farmers can attain the loan waiver benefits. Apart from this, the government wants to make the application process easy and paperless. He highlighted that a separate registration portal will be launched soon. The interested applicants will be able to log in on the website for filling and submitting the enrollment forms. We will update the application related details on our official portal. So, do not forget to check out the updated details on this scheme.
Selection process of the beneficiaries
The official scheme website will contain the details of the applicants. It will also contain the eligibility and loan related data. It will be the responsibility of the bank and government officials to check these figures. After this, the final list of beneficiaries will be prepared. The bank officials will prepare one beneficiary list for every village. The Banker Committee at the district level will give its authorization to the beneficiary lists. Apart from this, the applicants can log in on the portal, and submit their complaints. The government officials have stated that such issues will be resolved within 30 days.
How to check the beneficiary list?
The Chief Minister has not stated anything about the process that will enable the applicants to check the beneficiary list. However, the promise of an official portal for Rythu Runa Mafi Scheme has been made. It is expected that this portal will possess the feature that will enable the applicant to check the status of their application.
For the time being, the bank employees will scrutinize the application forms, submitted under the first phase implementation. The names of the eligible candidates will be prepared by these individuals. A thorough screening of these lists will be done by the members of the Bank Committee at the districts. The final lists will be sent to the respective state government department that will issue cheque for every beneficiary.
The revision of scheme details comes as a ray of hope in the lives of the needy farmers. The CM has promised that the project will be made operational as soon as possible.
Ans: Though the Chief Minister of Telangana decided that wealth farmers will be able to apply for the perks of this project, stress will be given on offer the financial assistance to small and marginal agricultural workers.
Ans: No! The state government officials have mentioned that eligible farmers will be able to enroll for the scheme, irrespective of the crops they grow. All food and cash crops have been included under this project.
Ans: It has been mentioned in the revised scheme guidelines that farmers, that have taken agricultural credits from private commercial banks, can reenroll for this project.
Ans: The new guidelines shed light on the fact that agricultural credits, issued by nationalized banks, regional rural banks, cooperative credit societies and urban banks will be included in this scheme.
Ans: No! The application requests of such candidates will be rejected by the screening and scrutiny departments.