Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana in Chhattisgarh 2018 for BPL (Apply)
Poor people find it difficult to pay the high electricity bills. This will no longer be an issue for the people of Chhattisgarh. The state authority has announced that state authority will pay the electricity bill for BPL applicants, if that remains within a limit. Flat rates will be changed for additional units consumed by these households under the Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana.
|Name of the scheme||Sahaj Bijli Bill Yojana|
|Launched by||Raman Singh, Chief Minister|
|Target applicants||BPL families|
|Date of announcement||August 2018|
|Supervised by||State Power Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Free electricity – Under this scheme, poor people will no longer have to worry about payment of power bills. The state has announced that it will pay the electricity bill for BPL applicants.
- Flat payment rate – In case the applicant consumes more power, and exceeds the free limit of 30 units, then the state will charge a flat rate for the additional units.
- Optional flat payment rate – Apart from the two, people will also get another payment options. This is an optional payment method. Applicants can choose to pay power bill at a flat rate of Rs. 100, irrespective of their overall power bill.
Eligibility and Required Documents
- Residential requirement – Only those people, who live in the state for a very long time, and have subsequent residential papers will be allowed to get the benefits. All applicants must furnish their residential documents.
- BPL applicants – This new scheme will allow only poor people to get the benefits. Thus, applicants need to submit their BPL certificate.
- Power consumption limit – The state government will pay the electricity bill for those poor families who do not consume more power than 30 units in each month.
- Electricity bill – As the payment options will depend on the overall power consumption of each family, applicant will have to submit an electricity bill.
How to apply for the scheme?
The scheme has recently been announced. All application or enrollment related details have not been declared by the state government yet. If you are interested in attaining these benefits, then keep an eye on out site.
This developmental scheme will not only reduce the burden from the shoulder of the poor, but will allow more and more applicants to get their power connection. More people, living in this area will be able to get the benefits under this project, thereby making the dream of PM to offer power to each household of India, a reality.
Other Links –