Mukhyamantri Kisan evam Sarvhit Bima Yojana and Kisan Bima Card in UP
For assisting the poor farmers and their families financially, the state of UP has implemented the Mukhyamantri Kisan evam Sarvhit Bima Yojana and will provide monetary assistance to the famers and their family in case of death or accidents. The name of the scheme was originally Samajwadi Kisan Ayam Sarvhit Bima Yojana” but then it was changed to “Mukhyamantri Kisan Ayam Sarvhit Bima Yojana.
Launch details of the scheme
Though the actual scheme was launched during the political reign of the former CM of Uttar Pradesh, Akhilesh Yadav, the present CM, Yogi Adityanath has took up the task of implementing and improving the farmer welfare scheme. Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui was chosen as the brand ambassador of the program by Akhilesh Yadav. The announcement was done in 2016 and the scheme was implemented from 1 Apr, 16. Institutional Finance Insurance and Directorate General of External Assistance Project have the responsibility to look after and monitor the activities of the Chief Minister Farmer and Sarvhit Bima Yojana.
Key features of the scheme
- Economic assistance after death – An amount of 5 lakhs will be given to the nominee or the family of the insured person, as financial aid, after the death of the insured person.
- Economic assistance in case of accident – There is a benefit for victims of accidents as well. The government will provide Rs. 2.5 lakhs to any accident victim, both inside and outside the state, if the farmer is insured under the scheme.
- Number of beneficiaries – It has been estimated that with the successful implementation of the scheme, the UP government will be able to provide financial support to around 3 crore poor and backward families.
- Economic assistance for artificial limb implants – In case any limb has been amputated due to the accident, the state government will provide one lakh extra for the implementation of artificial limbs or organ transplant.
- Economic assistance for first aid – Apart from the money for treatment, the state government will provide an amount of Rs. 25,000 for meeting the preliminary first aid expenses. It will be given for accidents in and outside the state.
- Selected hospitals – Getting admission in any hospital will not do. If the insured person gets admission in any of the district hospitals, the SN Medical College or any of the selected 56 private institutes, only then, the insurance claim will be valid.
- Cashless facility – Farmers will have to clear the expense of the treatment and once the papers have been submitted, the government will repay the entire sum to the affected person.
- Payment by bank transfer – There is no scope for cash transactions. The claim settlement will be done via the bank accounts of the claimant. The money will be deposited in the account of the person.
- Assistance from insurance companies – The insurance companies will station their representatives in all the selected hospitals. It is to assist the farmers in getting the help in documentation.
Eligibility criteria of the scheme
- Low income groups – It has been states that the state wants to develop the situation of the farmers who fall in the poor and backward sections. All weaker sections of the society will be given the permission to be a part of the scheme.
- Only for residents of Uttar Pradesh – The scheme is a state-exclusive welfare program that has been taken by the Uttar Pradesh government. All farmers, who have permanent residence in the state, will get the benefits.
- Income bracket has been specified – It has been highlighted in the draft of the program that only those farmers, who earn no more than 75,000 on a yearly basis, will be able to get the benefits of the program.
- Age bracket has been specified – All the agricultural workers, who want to opt for the insurance scheme, must fall in the age bracket of 18 to 70 years of age. Below or above the age will not be permitted to apply.
- Bank account is a must – The money that the government will provide to the insured person will not be done by cash. The money will be transferred in the bank account and thus, the applicant must have an active bank account.
Important Documents and Kisan Bima Card
- Kisan Bima Card – The state government will provide all applicants with the Kisan Bima Card. It will assist during the claim settlements. The card will be provided free of cost. The presence of the card will make the claim settlement process easy. But it is not mandatory to have the card.
- Residential proof of the farmer – It is mandatory for the farmer to be a permanent resident of UP. Only then will he reap the benefits of the scheme. Thus, residential documents are a must.
- Age proof – As there is specific age related eligibility for the applicants, the interested candidate will have to furnish documents to prove the age claims.
- Income certificate – There is income related eligibility as well. Thus, the applicants will have to furnish an income certificate as well. They also have to provide BPL certificate.
- Aadhar card and ration card – The applicants will also have to provide the photo copies of both the Aadhar Card and ration card for assisting the verification process.
- Details of bank account – All the monetary transactions will take place via the valid bank account. Thus, all account related information must be provided to the authority during application.
Application Form How to apply and claim
Both online and offline application processes are available for the farmers of Uttar Pradesh.
- The interested candidate will have to log on to the authorized website of the scheme. It can be done by clicking on the link https://bimacarecard.com.
- When the site opens, the candidate will get three options. They are marked as “Become a partner,” “My application status” and “Log in.”
- If the candidate has already registered under the scheme, then he/she can click on “Log in” option, type in the