saubhagya.gov.in :- Saubhagya Scheme Portal For Electrification [Application Form] 2018
Electrification is an important aspect that the central government has been trying to manage for a long time. The new central authority has taken an initiative that will allow it to provide electricity to all houses, located in villages as well as in the cities and suburban areas. With the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana and the launch of Saubhagya Portal, the task of gather information and organizing the activities will become easy.
|2||Launched By||Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi|
|3||Launched Date||25th September 2017|
|5||Target||To develop the condition of electrification|
|6||Also Known As||Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana|
Key features of the scheme
- Electrifying rural and urban areas – As per the draft of this scheme, the implementation of this program will assist the authority in providing electricity to homes that still do not have access to electrical power. It will take place in villages as well as in cities simultaneously.
- Connection for APL and BPL candidates – No discrimination will be made between families that feature below and above poverty level. People belonging to poor categories as well as those who are placed in the APL category will be able to apply for a new power connection.
- Connection for un-electrified houses only – To cater to as many houses as possible, the central government will allow those candidates to get electric connection first who do not have connection as of now.
- Use of technology for better data collection – To assist common people in getting details about this scheme and making applications, the power ministry has also launched a site. The name of this site is Saubhagya Portal. GPS mapping will be used for getting data about house that need new connection.
- Mobile app for the scheme – Apart from the authorized site, central government has also launched an application. By using this technology, authority will be able to gather data, survey the areas and assist people in application procedure.
- Boosting ‘Ujala’ project – This scheme will also assist the central and state authorities in implementation and development of the Ujala program as well.
- Tenure of this scheme – Though the center wants to finish this electrification program by 2018, it the estimated tenure of completing this scheme is by the end of 2019 – 2020.
- 24X7 electricity in all parts – Power production and its distribution is not up to the mark. Thus, various areas face power shortage. This program will assist the authority in providing these areas with continuous power and they need not worry about power interruption.
- Improving power grid – Development of power grids, power posts and proper infrastructure for reaching remotest parts of rural India will be done in order to achieve the aim of central government.
- Improving economic and agricultural standards – With more areas will be brought under the power grid, all aspects of life, like economic, education and agricultural will also become developed.
- States already under the scheme – Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Mizoram, Gujarat, Assam Nagaland, and Chhattisgarh have already made necessary arrangements to implement this scheme in all parts of these states. The rest of the country will be brought ubder this umbrella soon.
Budget for the scheme
According to estimate of the respective power ministry, central government will have to shell out around Rs. 16, 320 crores for meeting the financial expenses of implementing this program. The GBS or Gross Budgetary Support for this scheme is Rs. 12, 320 crores.
Subsidy offered under the scheme
Special packages are offered for people who are below and above poverty level. People who are financially very weak will not have to pay any money for getting the connection. People who are placed above the poverty level will have to pay a certain amount of money for a new connection. It is only Rs. 500. But still the government does not want to put any pressure on poor village folks and so, applicants will be able to pay up the sum in 10 parts. Gadgets like transformers, meters and connection wires will be provided at low rates. Battery banks and power packs of 200 to 300 Wp capacity will also be provided. Each home in villages that gets the power connection will get 1 DC fan and power plug and 5 LED lighting fixtures.
Implementation details of the scheme
The responsibility of implementing the scheme and its various aspects will be laced on the shoulders of the central Power Ministry and the power board of every state. Rural Electrification Corporation Limited or the RECL will be the nodal agency that will monitor the implementation. Gram Panchayat will provide information and application forms to rural folks who do not have access to smartphones. Postmen have access to even the remotest part of any village. They have information about all houses as well and so, the agency implementing this project will bestow the task of gathering details of non-electrified homes on postmen.
Important dates related to the scheme
- The official memorandum was published by the Ministry of Power on the 11th of Oct 2017.
- Following month on the 25th, this program was officially launched.
- Once the scheme has been launched, people will be able to apply for the connection. The central government wants to complete its implementation by 31st Dec, 2018.
Saubhaygya app – Downloading it and other details
The Power Ministry has launched an application that will assist the authority in gathering data and will also help normal people in making applications. The name of this app is Saubhagya app. It will work on all Android operated smartphones. It is available on Google Play store and can be downloaded and installed for free.
Any interested candidate will have to log on to the Google Play Store and the type in the name of this application. When the link of this app is displayed, it must be downloaded and then installed accordingly. Clicking on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=winsaubhagya.mppkvvcl.com&hl=en will give anyone access to this application.
Thanks to this technological tool, the need of producing and submitting any papers or hardcopy of documents will no longer be required. All you need is a strong and reliable internet connection and this mobile application. As soon as the applicant registered with the app, they will be able to opt for verification within no time. The application is linked with the portal that operates in real time basis. This app will also give the customers notifications about the monthly bill. When the installation of electric meter is done, this app will generate notifications via SMS as well. It makes the entire process very transparent with no room for errors.
Saubhagya portal details – Application procedure And Registration Form
The Power Ministry has also introduced a portal that will assist people in getting required details. It is the Saubhagya portal. Apart from collecting details of this project, the site will also offer the applicants a way of tracking their applications.
- Clicking on the link saubhagya.gov.in will give any applicant direct access to the official portal.
- As soon as the home page opens, that individual will have to click on the link that is marked as “Guest.”
- As soon as the registration is complete, the applicant will have to log in to the mail page with login ID and password. Once this is done, applicants will get access to the registration form.
- It must be filled online and all details must be checked to rule out any chances of error. Only after this should an applicant must click on the link that is marked as “Submit.”
When implemented, this welfare scheme will assist the central and state authorities in meeting their power related crisis. It will provide power connection to all poor and needy candidates and assist BJP government in keeping their promises to the common people.
Pradhan Mantri Interacts With Beneficiaries of Saubhagya Scheme
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a unique scheme, named Saubhagya scheme in 2017. Around 4 crore un-electrified homes were offered free power connection. On 19 July, 2018, PM interacted with beneficiaries of this scheme. This chit-chat session was conducted through the NAMO mobile app. 60% of the total expenditure will be offered by central government while state authorities need to pay only 10%. Backward states will receive 85% financial assistance from central government. Rest will be paid by electricity production and distribution companies. PM’s interesting initiative to interact with project beneficiaries from all over the nation will bring him closer to commoners. Beneficiaries placed forth their problems in front of the PM directly.
- Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme
- Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar
- Housing For All Scheme Urban
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Details