Snehaloy Housing Scheme in West Bengal 2020 (Application Form Online, Eligibility, Beneficiary List, Documents, EWS Category)
The West Bengal government has come up with the initiative of Snehaloy Housing Scheme. It has been announced to offer financial help to the families belonging to the economically weaker class. This can help curb the problem of housing facilities in different parts of West Bengal. By offering financial help, it will help to remove the slums in different regions. Some other relevant details of the scheme are given below.
Name of the scheme
Snehaloy Housing Scheme
Scheme has been launched by
Scheme has been launched in
Date of announcement of the scheme
2020 – 2021
Date of scheme implementation
Yet to be declared
Target group of the scheme
Candidates belonging to the EWS category
Scheme has been supervised by
Government of West Bengal
Key features of the scheme
- Offering better housing facilities – Through the Snehaloy Housing Scheme, it shall help to remove the problem of housing issues in different regions.
- Financial help to the poor – As decided by Chief Minister of West Bengal, rupees 1.20 lakhs will be given to the beneficiaries of the scheme with which they can get new houses.
- Scheme has been sponsored by – The above-said scheme and its operation will be sponsored by government of West Bengal.
- Permanent home for the backward people – The scheme will offer permanent houses to the candidates belonging to the poor section of society at a reasonable rate.
- Mode of payment under the scheme – The financial help will be given to the beneficiaries through DBT transfer.
- Frequent of payment – Under the scheme, the state government will provide the financial help to the poor families in two installments in a year.
- Beneficiary count of the scheme–After successful implementation of the scheme, the CM of the state has said that near about 25000 beneficiaries will be offered financial help with which they can buy new houses.
Click Here to check list of Krishak Bandhu Scheme
- Residents of the state – As the scheme has been launched in West Bengal, only the permanent residents of the state are eligible to get the scheme benefits.
- Should not have permanent houses – If the applicants have a permanent house in any part of the country, the individual cannot get the scheme perks.
- Should have an active bank account – The beneficiary should have a bank account so that they can get the scheme grant transferred in their account.
- Belonging to EWS category – Only the applicants belonging to Economically Weak class are eligible to get the scheme benefits.
Documents necessary for registration
- Legal residential documents – The interested candidates need to furnish residential legal documents at the time of registration for the scheme.
- Identification documents – As identification proof, the beneficiary need to furnish Aadhaar card, voter ID card and others to justify their identification as a citizen of the state.
- Bank account details – As the scheme benefits will be transferred to the linked bank account, the candidates have to produce details like bank account number, IFSC code, branch code and others when submitting the application form for the scheme.
- EWS certificates –Candidates need to give suitable EWS certificate with the registration form to justify their claim that they belong to the poor section of the society and eligible to avail the scheme benefits.
Click Here for Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme Application Form
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
As this is a newly launched scheme, the steps of registration of the scheme are yet to be declared by the state government. The West Bengal authority can be expected to come up with offline and online mode of application for the convenience of the beneficiaries. The official announcement will be published in the portal related to the scheme. For the same, it is important that the beneficiaries should stay updated and frequently visit the portal to get updates as soon as uploaded.
Therefore, the significant step by the West Bengal government will help improve the condition of the candidates of the economically weaker section. With the help of the financial help, the candidates can build their own house and stay with their family. To avail the scheme benefits, the candidates have to fulfil the above-mentioned criteria before they opt for its registration.
Other links –
- AP Cattle Health Card Scheme
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Shetkari Loan Waiver Scheme Maharashtra
- Chai Sundari Housing Scheme in West Bengal
- Aikyashree Minority Scholarship Scheme in West Bengal