Cleanliness Competition (Swachh Survekshan Report) [List of most clean cities and villages (gramin) in India 2020]
Swachh Survekshan 2018 is the biggest cleanliness survey in India. This cleanliness program will be a huge step towards making India a clean country and it will also take feedbacks from the citizens of India. The government intends to create mass awareness and bring more enthusiasm towards their Swachh Bharat program through Swachh Survekshan.
|Launched On||4th January, 2018|
|Announced On||31 July, 2017|
|Launched By||Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs|
|Number of Cities||4041|
|Supervised By||Central Government|
Key Features of Swachh Survekshan
- Swachh Survekshan aims to make India a better place for the citizens and thus it will ensure the citizens are aware of the importance of keeping their city and state clean and also it will make people aware of the importance of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Swachh Survekshan intends to create a condition in India in which the cities will be free from the danger of open excretion. Thus the country will be cleaner and the program will be successful.
- To make India ODF (Open Defecation Free), Swachh Survekshan intends to make sure each family has a toilet or a sanitary latrine. This program also intends to make sure there are toilets in the important intersections and historically important places and in the busy areas of the city for the travelers. This program will ensure separate toilets for both men and women in the petrol pumps.
- The central government of India will rank the cities considering certain parameters. The government will consider these factors for tracking the progress of the cities. Firstly, the government will track the collection, transportation, progress and disposal of the MSW (Municipal Solid Waste). Then the government will then monitor the development of the cities in the sanitation fields and also monitor their IEC activities, Capacity Building. The government will then track the best activities of the city.
- Every citizen across the 4041 cities of India will be able to take part in this program.
- The cities will be ranked according to the general observation of cleanliness and feedbacks of common people. Also the efforts of the municipal bodies will be considered.
- This program will encourage the citizens of India to clean their cities to ensure better ranks for their city and the citizens will be able to get all the information on the official website of Swachh Survekshan.
- This program will continue till 10 March, 2018.
Drinking Water and Sanitation Ministry announced that Swachh Survekshan Grameen Scheme will be launched in three Indian states. These are Maharashtra, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh. From 1st August, these states will be surveyed, and reports will be prepared, stating the name of the state that produced best results. That state will receive a special award from central authority on 2nd October. Under this scheme, each state authority will be encouraged to pay attention towards the cleanliness and hygiene of rural areas.