Swasth Kutumb Yojana in AP | Health Insurance Scheme in AP
Andhra Pradesh has launched a brand new health insurance scheme called Swasth Kutumb Yojana. This new scheme will help the residents of Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh have the proper health insurance scheme that they need. The people of this village have been found to be lacking any proper health insurance or protection against unforeseen health diseases.
This is why the MP of the state Kesinenei Sriniwas along with Devineni Umamaheswara Rao, Water resource Minister, will launch this scheme in the district on 4th December, 2015.
What will be provided under this scheme?
- Under the Swasth Kutumb Yojana the state government will provide health insurance only to the residents of district Vijayawada. They will be eligible for hospital treatment.
- Not just this, they will be eligible to even get corporate hospital treatment of up to Rs.1 lakh. In fact, the state government has selected 60 hospitals to provide health care under this scheme.
- All of these health benefits will be extended to the residents of this area under the NTR Arogaysri and the Chandranna Bima. Since the residents are unable to take the benefits of this insurance scheme, the state government will be providing health care under this scheme to the people.
- Tata trusts – the trusted name in the market will be the ones that will be issuing the health care cards under this scheme. Such health care cards will only be available in selected districts in the Mylavaram, Tiruvuru and Jaggaiahpeta constituency.
Note: Previous attempts of the government at providing the health care were ineffective. Hence, even though there were many schemes put in place, people were unable to derive benefits from it. However, this time the benefits are to directly come to the people via different sources that they can take advantage of.
With the ideal of taking forward the previous Yojanas, this one has been put in place.
What do the beneficiaries have to pay for obtaining this scheme?
If you want to avail the health care benefits – which is highly recommended for you to do, then you have to do some of the things such as –
- You will have to pay Rs. 1 every day under this scheme. This means in a year you will pay Rs. 365 (or Rs. 366 on a leap year). With this meager amount you will be able to get health benefits of up to Rs. 1 lakh under this scheme.
- You can then renew the health benefits every year to get its benefits. If you stop paying the premium, you will not be able to get the benefits.
To help the people, Tata Trusts will also pay the premium from 31st December 2016 to 30th November 2017.
- Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY)
- Jio 4G Smartphone at Rs 1000 with Unlimited Voice and Data
- PM Awas Yojana for All
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- All about PPF Account