Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Tamil Nadu 2019-2020 Application Form Download,Last Date, Eligibility Criteria, Check Status – 50% Subsidy on Scooters in TN @tamilnadumahalir.org portal
The state government of Tamil Nadu has announced to launch the new scheme for women termed as the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme. Under the new scheme the state government shall be offering with financial assistance to the women of the state who need mode of transport for moving from their work place and back. The state government has stated that it shall be offering women applicants with benefit for applying for the purchase of Two wheeler Scooter at the subsidized rate by the government. The employed women have great news as they will be able to apply for Amma-2 Wheeler scheme till 22nd Jan 2019. It is expected that a lot of women will register themselves under this scheme as the date has been extended.
|1||Name||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|2||Announced By||Edappadi K Palaniswami|
|5||Start Date – End Date||10 Jan – 22 Jan 2020|
|6||Subsidy Amount||50% (25000/-)|
|7||Subsidy Will be given from||24 Feb (Birth anniversary of Amma Jayalalitha)|
|8||Target Audience||Women (18 to 45 years )|
|9||Special Guest||PM Narendra Modi|
- The new scheme for implementation has been announced by Banwarilal Purohit (TN state Governor). The announcement for implementation was officially announced by the governor while addressing the General assembly at the Cabinet meeting.
- According to the statements made the new scheme will be fully functional within the state starting from February. The process of inviting application from the beneficiaries under the scheme will be available online from 10th January till 22nd Jan .
- The event of launch of the new scheme will be officially undertaken by the State Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami on the occasion of the Birth Anniversary of former CM Jaya Lalitha.
Features of the Scooter
- The state government has announced that under the scheme beneficiaries will be financed for two wheeler gearless scooter. So the women will be able to purchase auto-geared scooties.
- According to the statements made the government has also ensured that to make it more fuel efficient the government will select scooter that is powered by 125cc engine.
- In case any applicant is physically disabled then she can also request for a retrofitted third spare wheel for balancing.
Amma 2 Wheeler Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The current Tamil Nadu government had implemented a women empowerment scheme for the development of the working ladies in the state. The guidelines of Amma Two Wheeler scheme state that all eligible applicants will get Rs. 25,000 or an amount that is equal to 50% of the price of the two-wheeler from the state government. Recently, the Chief Minister has announced that the eligibility criteria have been slightly altered to ensure that more women acquire the perks.
- Permanent Resident – The government has already made it clear that the benefit under the scheme can only be availed by woman who is a local resident and citizen of the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Age criterion – Earlier, the scheme was open for the working women, which belonged to the age group of 18 and 40 years. Now the authority has extended the age limit to 45 years.
- Income criterion – Earlier, the state had not highlighted any income criterion for the scheme. Now it has decided that all working women will be able to get the scheme perks if their annual income is equal to or less than Rs. 2.5 lakhs. The scheme is now open for those females, who are associated with state government departments as well.
- Educational requirement – Earlier, only those women, who sat for the final examination of standard 8th, were permitted to apply for this scheme. But this academic requirement has been removed as well.
- According to the recommendations made the women who are house wife and head of the family are also eligible to apply under the scheme. Apart from this physically disabled women and transgender are also eligible to apply under the scheme for its benefit. Single mothers and divorcee women can also take benefit of this new scheme.
- The new guidelines will widen the scheme’s potential. More working women will be able to purchase a new two wheeler with the financial assistance from the state government. The beneficiary needs to arrange the outstanding balance on her own. She can apply for a two-wheeler loan from any bank.
- Under the new scheme the state government will offer the beneficiary with a subsidy for the purchase of the scooter. The subsidy offered will be equivalent to around 50 percent of the overall cost of the two wheel vehicle.
- The state government has also made it clear that the subsidy under the scheme will be offered to the beneficiary by the state government, rest amount for purchase will be funded by the beneficiaries. A subsidy amount of Rs 25000 will be offered by the government at the time of sanction.
- The government has also ensured that to offer with efficient benefit under the scheme the subsidy amount will be directly credited in the beneficiaries bank account. The disbursement of the amount will be done once all legal documents have been submitted.
- The beneficiary will also be offered with financial assistant for purchasing the vehicle directly by the non banking and banking financial institutions. The disbursement will be made after considering the RBI norms.
- The state government also expects to offer benefit of the new scheme to over 1 lakh women of the state under the scheme once they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
How to apply and Download form
- To apply under the scheme the beneficiary women can directly visit the official website at tamilnadumahalir.org. Please use these links to download form
- The beneficiaries are expected to fill in all the details on the application form with their personal information including name, husbands name and details of their district, block and village or panchayat.
- The applicants also have to provide with their residential address and contact details. They will also have to provide details of their marital status and religion. The duly filled in forms can then be submitted to the respective office.
- Each of the beneficiary is expected to submit a copy of their residential proof stating their citizen ship of the state. They also have to submit a copy of the age proof including birth certificate.
- The beneficiary is expected to submit a valid proof of their regular source of income along with their caste certificate issued by the authorities. To get the benefit in the bank they have to submit a valid bank account details, education certificate proof and Aadhar card details.
- The beneficiaries are also expected to submit a copy of the Driving license along with the receipt of the vehicle booked by the authorized dealer.
Under the new scheme the state government aims at offering financial assistance to the needy women of the state so they can get access to their personal transport system. This will make the process of travelling for the women much more easier within the state.
According to latest reports from the PMO, Narendra Modi will be present for the launch of the Amma scooter scheme at Chennai. The new scheme for implementation is one of the AIADMK Government’s dream scheme that is focused to offer with 50 percent subsidy to the beneficiaries registered under the scheme. The project was initially introduced for implementation by Late CM Jaya Lalitha and is presently been launched under the leadership of Chief Minister E. K .Palanisami on the 70th birth anniversary of for Late CM.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Form Submission Last Date 2020
The registration process will start from the 10th and will remain open till the 31st of January.
It is not only for the empowerment of working female candidates, but will also boost the confidence of women with any physical disability. With the help from the state government, they will be able to take another step towards a better life.
- Process of making E Way Bill Registration
- Bano Udyami campaign in Bihar
- Register for Free Set Top Boxes Scheme Tamilnadu Arasu Cable TV
- Apply and Check TNPDS Tamil Nadu Smart Ration card Status