West Bengal Student Internship Scheme (documents, eligibility, internship, internship amount, internship duration, total interns, features, official website)
The internship scheme is the upcoming project under the collaboration of the West Bengal government and the state education department. The idea of the scheme launch is for the graduates who are natives of West Bengal. It will give them a chance to learn and gain experience from the training. After the internship tenure, the student’s performance would be reviewed, after which they would be given the certificate.
Read on to know more about other necessary details of the scheme, and it would help the eligible candidates easily apply for the same.
West Bengal Student internship scheme
|Name of the scheme||Student internship scheme|
|Scheme will be launched in||West Bengal|
|Scheme launched by||High education department and West Bengal government|
|Target group for scheme||Graduate students of the state|
|Marks required for scheme||Students should get 60% marks|
|Objective of scheme launch||Offer monthly stipend to students|
|Total interns to get chance in the scheme||6000 interns|
|Duration of internship||1 year|
What are the highlighting features of the scheme?
- Main objective of the scheme – The main idea of launching the scheme is to help the graduates in West Bengal get an opportunity for internship and experience from it
- Scheme launch initiative – The high education department of state and state governments have taken the initiative to launch the scheme for the help of the students in their final year. However, the existing students can apply for the scheme provided their current institute does not object.
- Number of interns – A total of 6000 interns will get a chance under this internship scheme, and it will last for a year
- Stipend given under scheme – The student who is eligible for the scheme will get rupees 5000 as a monthly stipend
- Scope for work during the internship – The state government office in different zillas and parishads will be the work location. But it would be allotted close to the location of an applicant
However, the certificate for the internship will be given to the students after the end of the tenure. Moreover, the state government has stated that after educational institutes have given NOC, they will not entertain any education system complaints. Therefore, it is important to encourage the eligible students to participate in this scheme as it will be a great opportunity to earn experience through training and learning.
Who are eligible to register for the scheme?
- Residential details – The students are residing in West Bengal are only eligible to apply for the scheme.
- Educational qualification – The student internship scheme is meant for polytechnic or ITI institutes graduates. In addition, the existing students can apply with no objection letter from their educational authority
- Age limit – The students applying for the scheme should be less than 40 years of age to be eligible for the scheme
- Eligibility as students – The graduate students should secure a mark of 60% to be eligible for the scheme in the final year, be it is a diploma or degree program
Documents required to register for the scheme
- Domicile details – As the scheme will come up in West Bengal, students from outside the state are not eligible, and only the natives are allowed.
- Educational certificate – The interested students should produce a graduate certificate from authorized institutes to show that they are eligible for the scheme
- Identification proof – One should furnish correct identification details and supporting documents such as Aadhaar card, voter ID card, and others to justify that they are the natives of the state
Process of registering online for the scheme
As the internship scheme is a joint plan by the West Bengal government and the education department, it is yet to be launched. The higher authorities are planning to introduce a website for online registration for the scheme. It will be easy for the candidates to opt for the same, and the selection committee will be set to take the candidate through the selection process.
FAQ of the scheme
ANS- Graduate students
ANS- West Bengal government with the higher education authority
ANS- Rupees 5000 monthly
ANS- Graduates or studying in the final year