YSR Arogya Asara Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2020[Eligibility, How to apply, Application Form, Amount]
The Andhra Pradesh state government is launching the YSR Arogya Asara scheme. It is done under the leadership of the state chief minister Jagan Mohan Reddy. The main objective of the scheme is to improve the condition of the general wellbeing of poor people of the state. Through this project, poor patients will get suitable financial assistance from the higher authorities. The money will be given soon after they are discharged from the hospital. It shall help to meet the post-surgery requirements. Read the following parts of the article to grasp better ideas about the entitled scheme.
Launch details of YSR Arogya Asara scheme
|Name||YSR Arogya Asara scheme|
|Launch date||Dec 2019|
|Main objective||Provide relief to poor patients as part of health scheme|
|Launched by||Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Amount given to patients||Rupees 225 daily or a maximum of rupees 5000 per month|
|Number of beneficiary||Near about 4.5 lakhs people will be benefitted|
|Scheme will be supervised||Andhra Pradesh health and welfare department|
Key Features of the YSR Arogya Asara scheme
- Main objective of the scheme – The YSR Arogya Asara scheme has been started to provide sustenance allowance to families if any individual gets sick. So, through this scheme, the government can offer suitable relief to poor patients.
- Amount given to patients – The patients who are part of the scheme, will be given rupees 225 daily or a maximum of rupees 5000 daily. The amount will be credited after the relaxation time.
- Financial help is given to patients – The financial help will be given to patients during the recovery period. However, it has been estimated that near about 4.5 lakhs of patients will be benefitted from the benefit of the scheme.
- Cheques will be given by CM – Soon after the launch of the scheme, the CM of the state has declared to offer cheques to the patients. If not cheques, the amount will be credited in their bank account. If they do not have any active bank account, the amount will be credited in their relative’s account. However, the money will be given within 48 hours after the patient’s discharge from the hospital.
- Cashing the cheque – The higher authorities have mentioned in the scheme draft that the state government will offer the cheque. Soon after this, the money will be credited in the bank account of the patient. It will be done within 48 hours after the patient has been discharged.
- Types of surgeries to be covered – Near about 836 types of surgeries will be covered up by the scheme in 26 different departments.
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
- Citizens of the state –As the scheme has been launched in Guntur, only the citizens of the states are allowed to get the scheme benefits. Patients from other states cannot apply for the scheme benefits.
- Residential details – The patients who wish to get scheme benefits should furnish legal residential documents at the time of registration for the above-said scheme.This shall help the authorities to check whether the patient is suitable to get the scheme benefits or not.
- Financial condition – The financial condition of the patient will be checked to justify whether they are among the financially weaker sections of the society or not. Therefore, the scheme is applicable only to the financially weak sections of the society.
- Health condition – The health condition will be scrutinized from the hospital authorities before the patient is offered financial assistance. After this, the patient shall receive the post-discharge allowance.
- Marginalized sections – To avail scheme benefits, the families belonging to SC, ST, and OBC category can avail the scheme benefits.
Documents required for the scheme
- Residential proof – Only families residing in Guntur can avail of the scheme benefits. Therefore, they have to provide residential proof at the time of registration.
- Bank documents – The patient should provide suitable bank details such as account number, IFSC code, and others. In case the bank documents are not given the financial assistance will be credited in relative’s account.
- Income certificate – The income certificate is required to run a background check of the family that wishes to get the scheme benefits.
- Health reports – The health reports of the patient should be given that will help higher authorities to check the financial help that the patient requires.
Application of the scheme
The sustenance allowance will be given to the patient after he or she has undergone the treatment or surgery. As this scheme is a recently launched one, the registration procedure is yet to be declared by the state government. As soon as it comes up, the patients can know about it from the official portal of the related scheme. Thus, after the launch of the scheme, it shall help the patients to know about the important dates of the scheme. However, it can be expected that the patients can fill-up the form for registration before they are discharged from the hospital.
Therefore, with the successful implementation of the scheme, it can be expected to help the patients get a suitable allowance for treatment and post-surgery expenses. This will help to improve the condition of the weaker sections of the society. The cheques related to the above-said scheme will be distributed by the CM of Guntur to the patients.
Other links –