YSR Cheyutha Scheme in AP 2020 [Eligibility, Application Form Process, Installment details) (Rs. 75000 for SC / ST / BC / Minority Women)
There is a drastic parity between the lives of women in the urban setting and those who live in the rural areas. The urban women have access to several facilities and they can use these to become financially stable. But uneducated and women without access to resources still have to depend on other people for money. To remove this difference, the Andhra Pradesh government has come up with a unique pension scheme that will cater to the needs of middle aged and advanced aged women. Under the YSR Cheyutha Scheme, the Andhra Pradesh government will provide a short-term pension to women who fulfill the necessary criteria. If you want to gather more information about the features, necessary eligibility, list of legal documents, and enrollment procedure, then read this article carefully.
|Name of the scheme||YSR Cheyutha Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||June 2019|
|Official date of scheme lanch||2019 – 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||SC, ST, OBC and minority females falling in a certain age bracket|
Key features of the YSR Cheyutha Scheme
- Women prosperity and financial soundness – Offering a set pension was not the only motive of the Andhra Pradesh government. Keeping in mind that the scheme also included needy middle aged women, it is safe to opine that the state government is providing the beneficiaries an opportunity to take some small-scale business initiative. Once the scheme tenure ends, the beneficiaries will be set up something that will offer a steady income.
- Pension for the destitute females – During the very first announcement, the CM has highlighted that this project is aimed at the rehabilitation of those female candidates, who do not have any economic support, and have to depend on others for care and comfort. Such women will receive the grant and they can utilize it to become financial independent.
- Total money provided by the state – Though other states also has similar pension projects for the poor and helpless women, the Andhra Pradesh government is offering the highest amount on a short-term basis. The calculations suggest that every beneficiary, registered under this pension project, will receive Rs, 75,000 over a span of four consecutive years. The money will be contributed from the state treasuries.
- Payment mode and frequency – It has already been finalized that the transfer of grant money will be done via the banks. Thus, the chosen mode of benefit transfer will be DBT. While highlighting the payment frequency, the CM pointed out that money will be credited to the accounts of the beneficiaries, in four yearly installments. On dividing the total pension in four equal parts, it is safe to say that beneficiaries will be acquiring Rs. 19,000 every year.
Eligibility and documents necessary for YSR Cheyutha Scheme registration in AP
- Only for residents of AP – A female applicant, who is not a permanent resident of the state or does not possess residential papers, which have been issued by the Andhra Pradesh government, will not be allowed to attain the financial perks of this pension program.
- Age related criterion – No woman, who is yet to attain the age of 45 years, will be allowed to apply for the scheme. It is the lower limit of the age requirement. In case, the female applicant has already crossed the 60 year mark, she too will be barred from receiving this grant. Thus, furnishing official age certificate is also a must for the candidates.
- Documents for ID proof – It is necessary that the interested applicants have their Aadhar documents, ration cards and voter cards. These will not only come in handy for the identification, but will help the state to make a list of the beneficiaries.
- Women belonging to the BPL category – The state government desires to improve the sorry financial state of the destitute women in the country. The women in this state, who have their names registered under the BPL category, and possess the BPL certificate, will be given the monetary grant.
- Benefits reserved for few castes only – Apart from the poor families, only those communities, which get special reservation, under the constitution of the nation, will be permitted to attain the perks. Thus, only those eligible females, who belong to the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, can register their names. Additionally, women from minority communities and OBC category will also attain the same perks. Thus, such applicants must submit their respective caste-related papers.
- Account details – As the CM has mentioned that for the sake of offering utmost transparency and seamless benefit distribution, direct bank transfer will be chosen as the mode of pension transfer. For this, it is imperative that applicants have their active bank accounts. Furnishing documents, which highlight the details of the bank accounts, will assist the state government to send the money to the registered beneficiaries.
How to get application form and register for the YSR Cheyutha Scheme in AP?
The government of Andhra Pradesh is all set to implement this pension scheme for women. However, eligible beneficiaries are still waiting for the official declaration that will mark the beginning of the scheme. All the earlier pension schemes had offline application process. As this scheme is targeted towards the senior citizens as well, it is expected that the state will offer an alternative registration option. Assumptions suggest that the state authority will start the scheme once the official website is ready. Once the site is up and running, the CM will make the announcement, detailing the application process. If the enrollment is to take place online, then the state government will upload a digitized application form. Eligible candidates will be able to get the pension by logging in on this portal, and filling the digitized registration form, along with other necessary documents. Stay tuned for any scheme-related news on this site, and be ready before the actual application starts.
There are no extra points for guessing that women too can play a positive role in the progress of the nation. Even the Prime Minister has mentioned in several meetings that his government will ensure increased participation of women in business. Women need to take matters in their hands. It is high time that they become financially independent. In this line, the PM has already launched several schemes, which have been targeted towards developing the economic independence of female. The state governments are also following the same path and coming up with financial welfare schemes for women. The Cheyutha Scheme is one such pension scheme that will not only help women financially but will encourage them to start something on their own.
Ans: Empower women belonging to 45 to 60 years of age with rupees 75,000 each
More than 2 lakhs
Beneficiaries have received rupees 18,750 in linked accounts and rest beneficiaries will receive in coming 2 days
August , 2020
Details of online application are yet to be declared
Other links –