YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2020 [Application Form Process, Eligibility Criteria, Free Eye Checkup, Phase 2 start]
Development of the health care sector is a priority for the Andhra Pradesh government. The state government wants to offer the common people access to the finest health care facilities. Apart from this, the CM also wants to make sure that the poor and needy people get social security. The latest scheme, launched by the state government will elevate the eye care facilities. The design and development of the YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme allows the state to offer proper eye care facilities to people from all societal backgrounds. If any person needs ocular surgery, then that will be arranged by the state government. In this article, you will get an in-depth look at the features, eligibility and documents, which will be needed by the interested beneficiaries.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy|
|Announcement date of the scheme||September 2019|
|Official launch date of the scheme||October 2019|
|Target beneficiaries of the scheme||Every eligible resident of the state|
|Supervised by||Medical and Health Department Of Andhra Pradesh|
|Phase 1 date||Oct|
|Phase 2 start||Nov|
|Phase 2 End||Dec|
Key features of the YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme AP
- Proper eye care facilities for the residents – Young as well as adults in the state will attain free eye checkups under this scheme. The project also ensures that needy people will attain adequate eye treatments, which will be organized by the state.
- Eye tests opportunities – The first task is to complete the eye testing of the people. The eye testing will be done in schools and special camps. The residents need not worry about any checkup fees. The checkups will be organized by the state government.
- Distribution of ocular glasses – After eye checkups, the state government and the partaking eye institutes will start the task of distribution ocular glasses to the patient. No money will be charged for these glasses.
- Free eye operations for patients – After the eye checkups, the doctors will note down the details of patients, which need special surgeries. These patients will not have to pay any money for the ocular surgeries, as the treatment bill will be paid by the state government.
- Number of beneficiaries – It has been estimated by the Andhra Pradesh government that around 5.40 crore people will be able to attain the various scheme benefits.
- Number of schools to be covered – At present, the state has 62,459 operational schools. The list consists of both private educational institutes and state-run academic centers. Both categories of schools will be covered under the unique state-sponsored scheme.
- Number of beneficiaries (first phase) – The first phase of the scheme will be organized for the eye testing of the school children only. An estimate highlights that the eye experts will have to organize the eye camps, in the schools for 70,41,988 students.
- Association with eye treatment centers – All activities of this scheme will be carried out under the watchful eyes of the experts of LV Prasad Eye Institute. Additionally, Arvind Eye Hospitals, Asram Medical College and Shankara Eye Foundation centers will also play a key role in systematic implementation of the scheme.
- Necessary task force – The scheme will be coordinated by 160 District Program Officers. They will be assisted by 1,415 medical authorities and 14,000 general health care workers. The scheme will also require include 62,500 school teachers, 42,360 ASHA and 14,000 ANM staffs.
- Estimated budget for the scheme – The scheme will be carried out in all parts of the state and will include people of all ages. Eye testing, distribution of glasses and surgeries require financial support. Around Rs. 560 crore has been allocated by the state government to ensure that all residents get free checkups and following treatments, if necessary.
AP YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme Phase Details
As the scheme will include several treatment stages, it will be impossible for the eye institutes to manage things if the scheme were to be completed in a single phases. Thus, the state government has announced that the project will be segmented in two distinct implementation phases.
- Information about first phase – The first implementation phase will include the school children. The eye checkups and glass distribution will be done in two different phases. The completion of this phase will take around two months.
- Information about second phase – The second phase of implementation will commence on the 2020. The tenure of this phase will be completed by the year 2022. This implementation phase will be segmented in four stages.
Eligibility for application
- Residents of Andhra Pradesh – This scheme has been implemented only for the people who live in the state legally.
- For all age groups – The lower age limit of the scheme is 5 years. However, there is no upper age limit to become a participant in this scheme.
- No financial background limitation – An interested candidate will not be barred by any financial restriction for availing the perks of this eye care scheme.
- No religious/caste limitations – Individuals, belonging to all religions and castes will be allowed to attain the free eye checkups and the following benefits.
- Special benefits for the needy – It will be the responsibility of the state authority to provide free eye glasses to people, and make preparations for correct eye surgeries, without any charges to those candidates, which do not have the financial capability to pay for these treatments.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – It is mandatory for the interested applicant to support his/her residential claims with adequate domicile documents, issued by the Andhra Pradesh state authority.
- Identification documents – The applicants must provide a copy of their Aadhar cards or voter cards, during the eye checkup session. These will be collected and attached with the eye test report of the respective applicants.
Online portal launch
The Andhra Pradesh state government has already launched a portal for the eye care scheme. You can check out the guidelines and details of this program by clicking on the YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme AP Official Portal. It gives candidates access to the homepage. There is a separate tab with the name of the scheme. Click on the tab to get scheme details.
How to Apply for YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme AP?
- Offline Process
There is no separate application process for the applicants. During the preliminary phase, only the school students will be checked by the eye specialists. The eye center will contact the schools. The school authority will make the necessary arrangements, which will assist the eye specialists to set up their testing gears. However, it is not clear as to how people, belonging to older age groups will be able to enroll for the eye checkups. The residents must wait for the state government to offer these details. For the time being, the Andhra Pradesh government is focusing on the start of the first implementation phase. In case the state launches a separate portal for the scheme, you will know about it first on this site.
It is a commendable initiative that the state government has taken. The common people, especially the need individuals will be benefitted from this eye testing scheme. The project also offers a boost to the health care facilities, available in the state.
Other links –