YSR Pension Kanuka Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2019-2020 [Eligibility, Online Application form Process, Pension Amount, Search Check Name]
There was nothing much done for the poor and needy people of Andhra Pradesh. But the entire scenario changes when the new CM came to power. Jagan Mohan Reddy initiated the development of new financial assistance schemes, targeted towards the poor people. This involved the aged people, widows, weavers and handicap individuals. The YSR Kanuka Pension is an attempt that will bring a smile on the face of such people. Here, you will learn about the revamped guidelines of this project, and its features, eligibility and probable application procedure.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||YSR Kanuka Pension Scheme in AP [YSR Pension Scheme]|
|Former name of the scheme||NTR Bharosa Scheme|
|Announced by||Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||May 2019|
|Official launch date||July 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor and vulnerable sections of the society|
|Helpline number||0866 – 2410017|
Key features of the YSR Kanuka Pension scheme
- Offering social security – Poor people are in need of social security, and that can only be offered by the state authority. The main goal of the Andhra Pradesh government, behind the implementation of this project is to make the poor people financially stable.
- Provides pension to needy – The scheme is for those who fall under the BPL and EWS category.
- Different eligible sections – The primary beneficiaries will be poor and aged residents of the state. Additionally, widows will also be able to attain the financial grant. Apart from this weavers and toddy tappers will also attain the benefits of this social security. It also permits the application of handicap applicants.
- Frequency of payment – The registered beneficiaries will attain the pension amount in their bank accounts every month. The monthly payment of this grant will ensure that the people can take care of their financial requirements.
- Pension amount available – The scheme benefits state that the age senior citizen, widows, weavers and toddy tappers will receive a pension of Rs. 2250.
- Increased pension for handicap beneficiaries – The scheme details suggested that the handicap people were supposed to receive a grant that is equal to Rs. 3000. Due to expensive treatment, the new CM has declared that this amount will soon be increased to Rs. 10,000.
Eligibility and documents necessary for YSR Pension Scheme in AP application
- Residents of Andhra Pradesh – The entire funding of this social security scheme will be done by the state government of Andhra Pradesh. It is important that all those who apply for this scheme will have to submit copies of their state-issued residential documents.
- BPL category – This social security project has been implemented for helping the poor beneficiaries, who fall in the BPL category. Thus, every applicant needs to produce their BPL certificate.
- Age criterion – Senior citizens will also attain old age pension under this program, only if they have attained the age of 60 years or more. Such interested applicants will have to submit their official age proof certificates to highlight their true age.
- ID proof – Ever applicant must attach copies of identification proof with the registration forms. The ration card and the Aadhar card will be used by the government officials to check the details of the applicants.
- Weaver registration scheme – The weavers have a separate association that issues registration certificates to those associated with the business. Any weaver applicant will only acquire the funds if he/she submits a copy of this registration certificate.
- Handicap certificate – As partially and completely handicap people will also receive a pension from the state government, such candidates need to submit their physical certificates, which highlight the type and category of handicap.
- Bank account details – The pension amount will be transferred in the bank account of the beneficiary. Applicants, who want to become a part of this social security scheme, must have an active bank account. The account details will be necessary for the successful transfer of pension.
- Monthly income-According to the rules of the scheme, there is a limit in monthly income. The urban income should not exceed 12000 rupees, and in case of rural people the income should not exceed 10,000 per month.
- Land acquisition- According to the rules of the scheme, the people who want to be the beneficiary of the scheme, need to have 3 acres of agricultural land.
- Limit on vehicle- Only the people who have taxis can get the benefits from the scheme.
- Exclusion of government employee- People are into government jobs or retired government employees are not eligible for the scheme.
- Power consumption limit- The beneficiary cannot use more than 300 units of electricity per month.
- Handicapped people- Usually the scheme will provide pension to one member of the family but if any family has a physically or mentally challenged member then he or she will be eligible to get pension under the scheme.
Category Wise Eligibility
Age limit- The scheme is applicable to the people who are above 60 years old and only they will receive pension.
Age limit for backward classes-The people who belongs to backward class their age limit is 50 years to be eligible to get the pension under the scheme.
Death certificate of husband- the widows who are above 18 years old have to show the death certificate of their husbands in order to get the pension benefits.
Criteria for handicapped- In case of physically and mentally challenged people there is no criteria to become eligible for the scheme.
Patients– The patients of dialysis or the patients who are receiving anti-retrovirus treatment are eligible to become the beneficiary under the scheme.
Transgender people- The transgender candidates need to be above 18 years old to get the pension from the government.
Single woman– Single woman will also get the pension benefit under the scheme. The divorced or separated women need to be 35 years old and the single women need to be 30 years old.
How to get application form and register for YSR Kanuka Pension Scheme AP?
- The social security scheme is rather new. When this scheme was active under its former name, interested and eligible applicants had to register by the offline process.
- They had to collect the enrollment form. If the applicant resided in the villages, then he/she had to collect the document and submit it at the Mandal Parishad Development Officer.
- In case of urban applicants, they could collect the form from the Municipality Office.
Online Application Process –
- The state government has recently launched a new website for AP YSR Navasakam Scheme. To get to this site, you need to click on the link YSR Navasakam Portal.
- On the top of the homepage, you will see various tabs. Once you click on the ‘Download’ tab, you will get many options.
- One of them is the YSR Kanuka Scheme. Below the scheme name, you can spot the download link.
- As soon as you click on this link, the enrollment form will be downloaded.
- You can get a print out of the form and fill it in with the necessary details before submission.
Old age and disability makes it impossible for the people to work. It means they cannot earn their own livelihood and must depend on other for financial assistance. But many do not have any care givers in their family. The objective of any social security project is to ensure that the needy and destitute people have access to the basic necessities. Money is required for the attainment of these facilities. The CM of Andhra Pradesh will be able to offer some relief to such people, from their economic troubles. Reddy had promised in the election manifesto that he will ensure financial and social security of people from all sections of the society. The YSR Kanuka Pension is an attempt to keep his word.
Other links –
- YSR Aarogyasri Scheme Andhra Pradesh
- YSR Amma Vodi Scheme Andhra Pradesh
- Surya Shakti Scheme in AP
- Rythu Runa Mafi Scheme in Andhra Pradesh List