YSR Law Nestham Scheme AP 2019-20 [Online Application Form Download, Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply Online, FAQ, Stipend to Jr. Advocates]
A proficient judicial system assists the development of the nation. Several issues infest the Indian Judiciary. But the lawyers and advocates form the lifeblood of the judiciary. The Andhra Pradesh government had promised several welfare schemes for people from all professional sectors. In this line, the state government has announced a new scheme that has been targeted towards the junior lawyers and eligible advocates in Andhra Pradesh. Under the YSR Law Nestham Scheme, all the eligible applicants will be offered a monthly grant from the state government so that they get the encouragement to continue their good work.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||YSR Law Nestham Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||2019 – 2020|
|Date of implementation||3rd Dec|
|Occasion||National Lawyers Day|
|Stipend||5000 per month|
|Target beneficiaries||Junior lawyers and advocated|
|Supervised by||Andhra Pradesh Government|
|Application Start Date||30 Oct|
|Application Last Date||11 Nov|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of the judicial system – The primary objective of this welfare scheme is to offer financial support to the law practitioners. The scheme will also develop the judicial system indirectly.
- Grant for the eligible applicants – The state government has decided that it will offer a financial grant to the junior lawyers and advocated in the state for encoring their performance.
- Sum to be offered – Every eligible candidate will receive a grant of Rs. 5000 from the state government.
- Frequency of payment – Each beneficiary will attain the grant money in their bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Mode of payment – The state government will deposit the grant money in the bank account of the eligible applicants through Direct Benefit Transfer.
Eligibility to apply for the scheme
- Only for the residents of the state – The scheme has been developed and designed by the state government. Only the applicants, who are legal and permanent residents of this state, will be able to apply for the scheme.
- Law qualification is necessary – The applicants, who have completed their law graduation courses from registered law institutes, will be allowed to take part in the scheme.
- Bar Council registration – It is mandatory for the interested candidates to possess their registration documents, which have been issued by the Bar Council.
- Active law practitioners – Only those advocated and junior lawyers, who are working in the judicial system, will be allowed to apply for the scheme benefits.
- Experience tenure for advocated – The scheme also sheds light on the experience requirement of the advocates. These applicants will not be able to acquire the grant if they have not completed 15 years in the law sector.
- Experience tenure for junior lawyers – The junior lawyer must be associated with practicing law for at least three years.
- Age requirement for junior lawyers – The scheme highlights that is the age of the junior lawyer exceeds the mark of 35 years, he/she will be barred from applying and attaining the scheme perks.
- Not for car owners – If the junior lawyer possesses a car that is registered in his/her name, then he/she will not be allowed to receive the financial benefits of this scheme.
- Valid Bar Council certification – The scheme highlights that after the issuance of the Bar Council registration certificate, the junior lawyers must keep it with the Bar Council for at least two years for becoming a part of this a scheme.
- One lawyer/advocate from every family – The state government has also mentioned in the scheme draft that if any family has two members, who are practicing law and fall under the scheme, only one of them can acquire the monetary benefits.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – As the benefits can be acquired by the legal residents of the state, the junior lawyers and advocated must have access to official documents, which highlight that they are residents of Andhra Pradesh.
- Aadhar card – All applicants need to attach a scanned copy of their Aadhar card with the online application form. It will help the official to scrutinize the applicants’ claims.
- Law graduation certificate – If the applicant cannot produce law graduation passing certificate, then he/she will be barred from the scheme.
- Certificate from the Bar Council – The registration certificate, issued by the State Bar Council must be attached with the online application form.
- Experience certificate for advocated – The advocated need to submit the necessary documents, which highlight that they have been practicing law for 15 years or more.
- Experience certificate for junior lawyers – The junior lawyers must produce certificates, which highlight that they have been associated with the judicial activities for three years in a row.
- Age proof for junior lawyers – As there is an age requirement for the junior lawyers, they must attach a scanned copy of their birth certificates to support the age claims.
- Affidavit submission for junior lawyers – It has been stated in the scheme draft that every junior lawyer will have to submit an affidavit to the respective government body. These official papers must be provided after every six months.
- Bank account details – As the grant will be transferred in the bank account of the applicant, he/she needs to attach the bank account details with the online application form.
- Not a car owner – The junior lawyers must submit a declaration form that highlights that they do not possess any car that is registered in their name.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
- Online application –
The Andhra Pradesh government has announced that all the eligible applicants will have to log in on the YSR Law Nestham Scheme official website of the scheme to apply for the monetary benefits. The state government will soon launch the official portal so that the lawyers can apply for the perks.
- Registration –
Once the candidates gets to the home page, he/she will have to log in and register on the portal.
- Application form fill-up –
After registration, the applicants must click on the correct link to gain access to the online application form. In this form, they will have to fill in their personal, academic and professional details.
- Attaching the documents –
The eligible applicant must have scanned copies of all the required documents, which have been mentioned above. These scanned copies must be attached with the application form.
- Submission of the form –
Once the form has been filled in and the documents have been attached, then applicants must save the registration by clicking on the button that is marked as “Submit.”
- Unique ID generation –
After the form has been submitted, the site will generate a unique Id. The applicants can check the application status with this ID.
No. Only the junior lawyers, who have not yet completed the age of 35 years, will be allowed to apply for the scheme benefits.
Ans: Yes. Both junior lawyers and advocates, who possess two wheelers will can apply and attain the benefits of the scheme.
Ans: No. It has been announced by the Chief Minister of the state that all interested applicants will have to apply via the online process.
Ans: No. Though the state government has not yet launched the online application portal for the scheme, applications, it will soon take care of the technical aspects.
Ans: As per official reports, the official implementation of this scheme will be done on the 3rd of December 2019.
Ans: Each month, the state government will offer a financial grant of Rs. 5000 to the junior lawyers and advocates.
The judicial system plays a pivotal role in carrying out the activities of the state government. The cooperation of the advocates and lawyers comes in handy. The welfare scheme, soon to be implemented for these beneficiaries, will make the judiciary more competent. The scheme will instill confidence in the junior lawyers, and they will acquire the much needed financial security. As the state government makes new announcements, related to this scheme, you will get the updated on our site.
Other links –