YSR Nethanna Nestham Scheme in Andhra Pradesh (YSR Nethanna Hastham Scheme AP) [Eligibility, Application Form, Financial Aid to Handloom Weavers]
The demand for traditionally prepared handloom woven clothes has declined after the increase in the number of mass producing cloth mills in the state. It has paves the path for poverty for the handloom weavers. The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh has recently announced a scheme that offers financial assistance to such handloom weavers. The name of the scheme is YSR Nethanna Nestam and registered handloom weavers will attain a yearly monetary grant from the state authority. In this article, you will get the details of this scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||AP YSR Nethanna Hastham Nestham Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||Oct 2019|
|Date of implementation||Dec 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Handloom weavers|
|Supervised by||State Government of Andhra Pradesh|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of handloom weavers – The main objective of the scheme is to improve the financial condition of the traditional handloom weavers. This welfare scheme will offer them financial as well as social security.
- Annual financial assistance – The CM mentioned that the financial assistance will be offered on an annual basis.
- Total amount of grant – It has been mentioned in the scheme details that the state government will offer a monetary grant of Rs. 24,000 per year to each handloom weaver, whose name is in the beneficiary list.
- Money transfer in the bank – The financial assistance that has been promised under the scheme will be deposited in the bank account of the program beneficiaries.
Eligibility for the scheme
- Residents of the state – Only those applicants will be allowed to apply and attain the benefits who are permanent and legal residents of Andhra Pradesh
- Only handloom weavers – The scheme has been designed and developed for improving the position of the handloom weavers only.
- Registered with Handloom Association – If the handloom weaver is not registered with any of the state Handloom Associations, then he will not be able to receive the financial assistance.
- BPL applicants – The scheme is mainly for those handloom weavers who fall below the poverty line.
- Bank account holders – If the applicant wants to receive the benefit of the scheme, then it is mandatory for the person to have access to an active bank account.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – As this scheme only allows the participation of the legal residents of Andhra Pradesh, every applicant must supply an official document that supports his domicile claims.
- Identification proof – The applicants need to offer copies of their identification documents, like the Aadhar card and the voter card.
- Registration certificate – The applicants need to submit a copy of their registration certificate that has been issued by the State Handloom Association.
- BPL certificate – The applicants must submit a copy of their BP certificate during the application process.
- Bank account details – As the money will be transferred by DBT mode, it is mandatory that the applicants share their bank account details like the bank and branch name, branch code and address, account number and the IFSC code.
How to get registration form and apply for the scheme?
The state government has only recently announced the scheme. So, no concrete information is available on the application process. As soon as the state government announced the application process, you will get the information on our site. The Chief Minister has highlighted that the beneficiary list will be sent to the Gram Panchayat offices.
The implementation of the scheme will help to elevate the financial status of the handloom weavers. Once they get the money, they can spend it on acquiring modern handlooms, which will help in their work. Thus, they will be able to increase production and earn a better living as well.
Other links –