AP YSR Scheme for Auto & Taxi Cab Drivers 2019-20 [Amount, How to Apply, Eligibility, Documents, Registration Form PDF Download Online, Helpline Toll free Number, Website]
Social welfare was one of the main agendas for the new Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. He ensures that this government will offer financial and social security to people, belonging to all categories. Now that he is in power, he is keeping his promises by coming up with new welfare schemes for the people. Recently, a new project, targeted towards the auto and taxi drivers was passed in the state cabinet. The Auto and Taxi Driver’s Social Security scheme offers financial support to the applicants. Here, you will read about the features, eligibility, necessary documents and the enrolment process to attain the perks.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||YSR Scheme for Auto and Taxi Drivers|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||September 2019|
|Officially declared by||MT Krishna Babu|
|Target beneficiaries||Taxi and auto drivers in the state|
|Registration starting date||10th Sept 2019|
|Supervised by||Transport and Road Department in Andhra Pradesh|
Key features of the YSR Scheme for Auto and Taxi Drivers
- Social security for the drivers – The primary aim of this newly launched project is to offer much-needed social and financial security to the poor auto and taxi drivers, who operate in Andhra Pradesh.
- Financial assistance amount – The current CM has made it clear that every eligible and selected auto and taxi driver will be entitled to acquire Rs. 10,000. The sum will be contributed from the state government coffers.
- Frequency of payment – The financial assistance, promised by the Andhra Pradesh government will be deposited in the bank account of the driver each year.
- Money used for – The auto and taxi drivers, who will be the beneficiaries of this scheme can utilize this money to make necessary vehicle repairs. They can also renew the insurance policy of the vehicle. If needed, they can use the money for meeting family financial requirements as well.
Eligibility to attain the scheme benefits
- Residents of Andhra Pradesh – It is mandatory for the drivers to be legal and permanent residents of the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Auto and taxi drivers only – The social and financial security scheme is applicable for those drivers who drive autos and taxies in the state.
- BPL category – The scheme allows the BPL category applicants to register and attain the financial assistance from the state government scheme.
- Financial weak category – If the auto and taxi drivers have white ration cards, issued by the state government, then they will be considered eligible for the scheme.
- Ownership vehicle – The driver, enrolling for the financial assistance must possess the auto or the taxi. The vehicle’s registration paper must contain the name of the applicant.
- Registered driver – The driver of the vehicle must have passed the driving test, and should possess a valid driver’s license. Without this document, the applicants cannot get the monetary benefits.
- Registered vehicles – If the drivers’ auto or taxi lack proper registrations, as mentioned by the Road and Transport Law, they will be barred from attaining the perks of this project.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential document – Every interested applicant must have an official document that highlights that he is a legal resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- Aadhar card – The applicant must also have an Aadhar card. It will assist the government officials to scrutinize the details.
- BPL certificate – It is necessary that the candidate produces his BPL certificate that has been issued by the government.
- White ration card – If the applicant has a white ration card, then a copy of this pass must be submitted.
- Vehicle ownership documents – During registration, the applicant must produce documents, which highlight that the registration of the respective vehicle is in the name of the owner, who is also the driver.
- Vehicle registration papers – The official registration documents of the vehicle that highlight that the taxi or the auto falls under the Light Motor Vehicle category must be produced.
- Insurance papers – The auto and the taxi driver must possess the insurance papers of the vehicles as well.
- Driving license – All interested applicants need to submit a photocopy of their driver’s license during application.
How to attain application form and register for the scheme?
- The application submission process has already started. Part of it has to be completed via the online mode, while the rest of it must be done through offline methods.
- Applicants must log in on the official webpage of the Transports Department of Andhra Pradesh.
- Here, they must follow some simple steps and link the registration number of the auto or the taxi with the Aadhar code.
- Once the linking procedure is complete, applicants must reach out to the ward or village volunteers.
- These volunteers will assist the auto and taxi drivers to open an unencumbered account in any bank.
- The auto and taxi drivers must complete this procedure within 15 days from the commencing date of enrollment.
- Once the bank account is active, the financial assistance will be deposited in this unencumbered account every year.
The popularity of the app cabs has reduced the demand for auto and taxi drivers. People, hailing from these categories, were not financial secure in the beginning. Now their condition is even worse. The state government is trying its best to ensure better living standards for all sections of the people. The new scheme for the auto and taxi drivers will offer some financial assistance. The money will take care of necessary repair costs and keep the vehicle running. Thus, these people will get the chance to earn their own livelihood with dignity.
Other links –
- YSR Pelli Kanuka Scheme in AP 2019
- Odisha GajaBandhu Yojana 2019
- YSR Kanuka Pension AP List
- YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme Form