YSR Vidya Puraskar Scheme in AP (Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Pratibha Puraskar Awards) 2019-20 [Eligibility, Scholarship Amount, Application Form Online]
The Andhra Pradesh CM is launching new schemes, which ensure the overall development of the people living in the state. Education is one of the priorities and he has launched several projects to encourage the students. The state government recently made an announcement to change the name of a former scheme and re-launch it as YSR Vidya Puraskar Scheme. It is a scholarship project that offers financial assistance to students of class 10, who have scored high marks. The article sheds light on the various aspects of this arrangement.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||YSR Vidya Puraskar Scheme|
|Former name of the scheme||Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Pratibha Puraskar Awards|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of announcement||5th Nov|
|Date of implementation||Soon|
|Target beneficiaries||Students who scored high marks in 10th class|
|Supervised by||Andhra Pradesh School Education Commissioner|
Key features of the scheme
- Betterment of the education system – The state government has made the necessary changes in the scheme with the aim of improving the educational structure and quality in the state.
- Encouraging students – When the poor students get a scholarship, they will be encouraged to continue their education. It will increase the literacy rate in the state and reduce school dropout percentage.
- Financial grant – The state government has not yet announced the financial assistance amount that each applicant will receive.
- Payment tenure and mode – The scholarship will be paid once and the money will be transferred to the respective applicants’ bank accounts via DBT mode.
- Number of beneficiaries – The official draft of this project highlights that the top six applicants, with the highest marks from every mandal will be selected for acquiring the perks of this scholarship project.
- Both girls and boys can apply – There is no gender bar on application. Eligible male and female students will be able to enroll for this unique scholarship scheme.
- Selection based on marks – The selection of the beneficiaries will be done on the basis of the marks they have secured in the final examination of 10th standard.
Eligibility for the applicants
- Must be an inhabitant of the state – The project will be implemented and financed by the Andhra Pradesh government. So, only the legal residents of the state will be able to submit their application forms and acquire the perks.
- Must be a regular school student – If the student is not a regular school-going candidate then he/she will be barred from receiving the scholarship.
- Must have completed class 10 – The scheme will allow the participation of the students who have already passed the 10th standard and have taken admission in the 11th standard.
- Must be from the BPL category – If the applicant belongs to the financial weak categories, then he/she will be able to apply for the educational grant, sponsored by the state government.
- Caste related requirements – It has also been highlighted in the scheme draft that the applicants from SC, ST, BC and OC communities will be permitted to register for the scheme benefits.
- Must have a bank account – The state authority has said that the financial reward will be deposited in the bank account. Thus, it is imperative that the student must have access to a bank account that is maintained in his/her name.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof documents – The applicant needs to attach copies of official documents, which support his/her residential claims.
- Aadhar card – The interested applicants need to produce a copy of their Aadhar cards as well.
- School certificate – It is the responsibility of the school to issue such certificates, which highlight that the applicant is a regular pupil in the respective school.
- Mark sheet of 10th standard – As the scheme will only pick those who have done exceptionally well in the 10th examination, a copy of the final examination mark sheet needs to be presented for scrutiny by the government officials.
- Admission certificate of 11th standard – The applicant must furnish documents, which highlight that he/she has taken admission in 11th standard. These documents must be issued by the school authority.
- BPL certificate – The attachment of a photocopy of the BPL certificate is a must for becoming a beneficiary of this educational welfare project.
- Caste certificate – If the applicant belongs to any of the above-mentioned castes, then he/she must submit a copy of the caste certificate to support the respective claims.
- Bank account details – It is mandatory for every applicant to submit the necessary documents, which highlight the bank account number, branch code and address, IFSC code etc.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
Apart from changing the name of the scheme, the state government has also made some necessary alterations in the scheme benefits and the application process. But these details have not been announced by the authority. Earlier, the eligible and interested applicants were able to enroll for the project benefits via portal-based registration. Once the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister makes an official announcement about the new application process and the benefits, you will acquire the updates on our website.
Controversy over the project
As soon as the media reported that the name of the already existing scheme has been replaced with the name of the current Chief Minister’s father, the opposition parties voiced their opinion against it. As the scheme was originally named to honor the achievements of Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, the other political parties see it as an insult towards the great man. They also highlight that the present Chief Minister is trying to glorify his father by launching new schemes in the name of the late CM YS Rajasekhara Reddy.
The re-implementation of the scheme will encourage the students to pursue their higher secondary education. The financial grant will lessen the educational expenditure burden from the shoulders of their parents. The unique scheme will also pave the path for the overall development of the education structure in the state.
Other links –