Jayalalithaa 8 gram gold coins for Brides | Marriage Assistance scheme in TN
There has been lot of buzz around the news as the state government of Tamil Nadu run by AIADMK has announced gold coins and financial assistances for women across the state. Though, the current chief minister of Tamil Nadu J. Jayalalithaa launched several freebies for the state citizen, this particular scheme of providing of gold coins to girls who completed their schoolings and graduation grabbed lots of attentions across that nation, as it encourages women’s education in the state.
Here are the few freebies announced by AAIDMK party on the past state assembly election
|Free Cell Phones||AIADMK party announced for offering free cell phones for all ration card holders in the state|
|Free Laptops||For each & every students of 10th and 12th std students free laptops with internet connection will be provided|
|Free gold||Free Gold to women for their marriage|
|Subsidy for buying scooty for women||Women will get about 50% subsidy amount for buying scooty in the state|
|Free Electricity||All homes of the state will get free electricity up to 100 units|
|Free houses for poor||Current ruling party announced about giving 10 lakh houses for free under various schemes|
|Reduction in Milk Price||The State dairy Aavin Milk price will be reduced to Rs.25 per litre|
|Waiving farmers loans||Loans obtained by state farmers will be waived fully|
As a part of the state government’s marriage assistance scheme of Tamil Nadu, CM launched the gold coin distribution initiative on the 22nd of September 2016. Under this initiative the CM distributed gold coins to the women who are registered under the government marriage assistance scheme.
Here are notable points of the scheme
- As per this newly launched scheme by state government of Tamil Nadu, about 12500 women from the state would able to receive 8 grams of gold coins. In addition to this marriage assistance scheme, the state government has announced various benefits for women.
- As per the statement released by the state government of Tamil Nadu, beneficiaries who registered before 23May2016 would receive 4 grams and beneficiaries who registered after 23May2016 eligible to receive 8 grams of gold coins under this new scheme.
- The marriage assistance scheme was launched in the year 2011 and since then the Jayalalithaa government, AIADMK, has been offering around Rs.25000 cash and gold worth of 4 gram to the women who have passed class 10. This money and gold is for the purpose of their marriage. The girls who have completed their graduation are given Rs.50000 and 4 grams gold coin.
- With this introduction of the 8 gram worth gold coin distribution the chief minister of the state has said the cash amount given to the beneficiaries would be the same.
- With this launch, Jayalalithaa, gave gold coins to the beneficiaries from her home constituency, Radhakrishnan Nagar.
- The gold coins that are distributed under this scheme to the beneficiaries are procedure by the Indian Bank from London. Around 575 beneficiaries from Thanjavur were given the gold coins.
- The Chief Minster also visited the Government Higher Secondary School at Kuruvikkarambai and distributed different necessary items to the beneficiaries. Around 378 students were given laptops and computer. And the schools were given fan, and other necessities.