Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana
There are many villages and certain remote areas in the country where there is hardly any public transportation available. This becomes very difficult for the locals of such areas to move within and outside these areas. There are many remote areas in the State of Odisha where there is no transport system and in fact they do not even have proper roads for transportation. The people living in these areas do not have any means of transport and have to rely of moving trucks in order to come to the city or even to move around their own region. The people living in these areas are mainly of the backward classes and so they face a lot of problems even otherwise.
|Name of the scheme||Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana|
|Launch date of the scheme||February 2014|
|Scheme launched by||Odisha Chief Minister Shree Naveen Patnaik|
|Objective of the scheme||To provide public transportation in the remote areas of Odisha|
|Scheme implementation||Entire State of Odisha|
Features of the scheme and its progress
- The scheme was launched with an objective of proving proper roads and transportation to the remote areas and villages of Odisha. Several bus routes have been formed under this scheme and it is an ongoing yojana.
- From the time the Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana has been launched many of the remote areas of Odisha have got proper transport facilities and also many new roads have been constructed.
- The scheme was initiated with 12 districts of Odisha where the road facilities are poorer than the rest. Under these 12 districts 118 blocks were identified and it was decided that these blocks would get the transport facilities first. Once these districts were dealt with, the scheme was taken forward to the other districts of Odisha as well.
- The identified 12 districts include Koraput, Nabarangpur, Malkangiri, Rayagada, Kalahandi, Phulbani, Gajapati, Sundargarh, Sambalpur, Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj and Balasore.
- The Chief Minister of Odisha flagged off the first bus under this scheme from the Koraput bus stand.
- Under this scheme the target is to form around 1180 bud routes in the State of Odisha. Under this scheme the buses will run on a regular basis and on regular intervals. It will connect the remote areas to the cities and the other areas of Odisha.
- In the second phase of this scheme the Odisha decided to develop the transport facilities in the tribal districts and the area of Odisha that were affected by the Maoist. So in the second phase 30 more buses were introduced in the 28 routes of the areas like Sundargarh, Deogarh, Gajapati and Nuapada districts.
- Also it was decided that the buses that run under this scheme would be exempted from road tax and permit fee for a period of 5 years.
- Apart from this one can also take loan under this scheme in order to buy vehicle to be used for public transportation under this scheme. And the loan should be paid back in a period of more than 5 years. A subsidy of 5% will also be given on the loan.
- Awareness program is also been conducted under this scheme relating to road safety and driving licenses.
Benefits of the scheme
- This scheme comes as a benefit to the people of Odisha in many ways. Even though it a transportation development program, it is beneficial in other ways as well. The scheme not just provides roads and transportation system to the remote areas but also provides an overall economic transformation of the state and its people.
- With the help of new buses and better roads the students’ will be able to go to schools and the people can go for their work easily.
- More transportation means that there will be a need of more divers and conductors, which gives rise to employment opportunities.
- With the help of this transportation businessmen and women can go to cities for better worth of their products.
- It is estimated that with this around 80 lakh people of the remote areas in Odisha would be benefited.
People of Odisha would be able to avail, public transportation facility under this Biju Goan Gadi Yojana; also it provides various benefits for transport service providers.
- Free water scheme Delhi
- Sauchalay Nirman Gharka Samman Yojana Scheme
- Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana
- Ujala Yojana Scheme
- Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana