Goa Yuva Samwad Yojana | Free Internet in Goa
Recently a lot of new and attractive scheme have been launched by the state government of many Indian states. Now it is the turn of Goa to do the same and they have announced a unique scheme called the Goa Yuva Samwad Yojana. This scheme has been announced under the leadership of the Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar. This scheme has been approved by the state cabinet but then it is yet to be launched.
|S.No||Facts about the Yuva Samwad Yojana||Detailed Information|
|1||Name of the Scheme||Goa Yuva Samwad Yojana (GYSY)|
|2||State which Launched this scheme||Goa|
|3||Benefits of the scheme||State Youths can get free sim card with free calls and 3GB internet|
|4||Which Telecom Network partners with government under this scheme||Vodafone|
|5||Scheme will be active for how many years||3 Years|
The main target group of the scheme is the youth of the state of Goa. Under this scheme it has been announced that the youth of the state will be given free SIM cards which will have free calling and internet data. It is quite clear that this scheme has been planned to attract the youth toward voting in favor of the ruling party in the coming elections.
Features of the scheme
- As a part of this scheme the youth of the state will be given a one-time SIM that will have 100 minutes of free calling option and 3GB internet data. The SIM that will be given will have a lifetime validity.
- This scheme will be valid for a period of three year and for this scheme the Goa government has signed Vodafone as their cellular partner.
- The beneficiaries under this scheme will have to be residents of Goa for five or more years and they have to be between the age group of 16 to 30 years. Only the candidates who fulfill this category will be eligible for the SIM cards under this scheme.
- The main document required to apply for this scheme is the Aadhaar Card or the Voter ID card. Along with this the applicants has to provide a passport sized photograph.
- The implementation of the scheme will be done by the Goa Electronic Ltd and this scheme will be in support of the Prime Minister’s Digital India campaign.
- It has also been announced that the SIM card will be deactivated after the beneficiary crosses the age of 30 or if the person is reported to have been misusing the SIM card. The SIM card can also be deactivated if the beneficiary wants it to be.
- Under this scheme a web portal will be launched where all the notification and information regarding this scheme will be provided. No other details regarding this has been revealed as of now.
Many other states have been launching similar scheme where free smartphones are been distributed. But this concept of giving out free SIM cards is a unique one and will surely attract the youth of Goa.
As many of the youths are nowadays get used to online facility, offering such free internet along with free calling minutes by the state government will be beneficial for state youths. And by doing so, the upcoming generations would be able to get access with the modern gadgets a lot.