Ayushman Bharat Programs (Namocare Or Modicare) Scheme Rs 5 Lakhs per Annum per Family NHPS Yojana 2018(आयुष्मान भारत मिशन)
Well, the union budget of the financial year 2018-2019 has laid the foundation for kickoff start of the flagship National Health Protection scheme (NHPS), this is coined as Modicare Or Namocare by his many. As the ambitious health protection scheme went missing in the last year’s union budget, the finance minster Mr. Arun Jaitley today announced the flagship scheme which offers various health benefits to several poor peoples of the nation.
The newly announced National Health care scheme-2018 is hinted by PB Mr. Modi during the year 2016 in order to provide necessary health care protection to the poor peoples of the nation and it will be the world’s largest state-funded healthcare program.
|1||Scheme Name||Ayushman Bharat Programs Or Modicare Or Namocare|
|2||Key Feature||National Health Protection and Health & Wellness Centres|
|3||Announced By||Finance Minister|
|4||Launched Date||Union Budget 2018|
|5||Toll Free Number||1800-180-1104|
|6||Target||10 Cr families|
National Health Scheme
Under this scheme each poor family will get Rs. 5 Lac per year to protect their health. It will be the world’s largest health care protection scheme till date. Under this scheme nearly 10 Cr families will be protected that means over 50 Cr people will be benefitted from the scheme.
- This new NHPS will overcome the flaws of the existing scheme Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana, which offers health insurance coverage to the poor workers who are working in the unorganized sectors.
- The FM Mr. Arun Jaitley has announced that the new NHPS – 2018 will be offer Rs. 5 lakh per year to all the eligible families of the nation for their medical care.
- The scheme is set to cover more than 10,000,000 poor and unsecured family members of the nation, and it is expected that about 50,000,000 people will be benefited under this NHPS.
- Under the regulations stated by the government the health insurance scheme will be offering coverage to the beneficiaries such that they can get benefit of cashless treatment facility. The beneficiaries will be able to take the treatments within the country in private as well as government hospitals and health care centers.
- As other health insurance scheme are mainly focused on offering coverage to expensive medical treatments so not many people are able to take benefit of these insurance schemes. By implementing Modicare (namocare) insurance scheme all these people will be able to avail the benefit of the insurance plan.
- It would be cashless and aadhaar enabled scheme
Eligibility Criteria Of Modicare
- According to central government statements the scheme is designed to offer coverage to over 10 crore families (approximately over 50 crore individuals) within the country. The scheme will offer complete coverage to families who have earlier been deprived from other health insurance schemes.
- The coverage will be offered as per the data collected under the social-economic caste Census conducted by the government (SECC) 2011. Under the regulations the scheme is designed to offer coverage to the beneficiaries irrespective of the number of members in the family.
- As the insurance coverage will be offered to the beneficiaries via Aadhar based biometrics so it is obvious that to take the benefit the eligible beneficiary has to hold his or her valid Aadhar card ID.
- As the scheme does no offer with limitations with family size for the beneficiaries so the government has also stated that this scheme is one of the largest funded programs on the global platforms.
Premium per family under the Namocare
- The government has stated that Rs 1100 and Rs 1200 on monthly basis will be set as premiums to be paid under the scheme. The beneficiary can then be offered with complete cashless treatment as coverage amount under the scheme.
- The government has also stated that by investing above mentioned premium each of the beneficiary family registered under the scheme will be able to take Rs 5 lakh benefit on yearly basis for medical treatments.
Extra Health Cess On Ayushman Bharat Programs
- In the current budget the FM has also announced to get started with deducting Health Cess that is equivalent to 1 percent. The amount will be deducted from each of the tax payer nationwide by the Health Ministry.
- This additional burden of 1 percent will be levied upon the tax payers so that the Healthcare scheme can be implemented for offering benefit for maximum number of people.
- Rs 11,000 crore is expected to be collected by health cess under the scheme. This money will help in funding it in initial stages yearly. The amount of health cess will be borne by each of the tax payer who is eligible to pay income tax as per the regulations.
- The government has clearly mentioned that the process of implementation will be carried out in three phases nationwide. The government has also made it clear that immediately after the launch on 2nd October 2018 the scheme will be implemented in its 1st
- The government has also mentioned that the process of documentation under the scheme will be completed and finalized by June end. The packages for implementing in the scheme will be finalized by the authorities by April end 2018. The phase is also set to start by 15th August 2018 as per the guidelines made.
Health and Wellness Centres
By allocating Rs. 1200 Cr, the Union Finance Ministry has announced about the Health & Wellness Centres across the nation. These centres will have proper equipments to provide medical care to the women, child, maternity and people with non-communicable diseases. Over 1.5 Lac centres will be expected to establish.
Along with these two flagship programs, 24 government medical colleges and hospitals will be established across the nation. According to the FM, each state will have at least one government medical college under the New India 2018. This will ease the medical and health care access for the general people of the nation.
Toll Free Number
Toll free number 1800-180-1104 for National Health Protection details
- A sum of Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000 crore will be allocated by the centre on yearly basis for implementation of the scheme. This coverage has been calculated with an aim to lower the cost of premiums for the beneficiaries.
- According to the updates the government has also announced to merge the already existing Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana to be channelized for smooth implementation of the NHPS. The overall budget allocated for implementation of this scheme was set to Rs 2000 crore for fiscal year 2018-19.
- To make the process of implementation more effective the government has also stated that it will try and provide with additional Funds of Rs 11,000 crore annually that will be collected from the 1 percent cess tax collected by the government that was introduced by the FM in the current budget.
- Further statements were made that in the initial stages of implementation the states will be expected to make a contribution of 50 percent towards the premiums. The central government will have to allocate a fund of Rs 5000 to Rs 6000 crore for getting started with the process of implementation.
Update 23 Feb 2018
Mission Director of Ayushman Bharat
In the recent news came from the central, it has quoted that Manoj Jhalani, who is currently holding the position of additional secretary in Health and family ministry has been given extra designation as mission director of the scheme.