Bank Mitra in PM Jan Dhan Yojana
India is a vast nation spread across a wide region and has a majority of population living in small towns and villages. Most of people living in such areas or even metros do not have basic access to financial services. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana brings these financial services to the common man.
PM Jan Dhan Yojana makes services like saving and Deposit Accounts, Pension, Insurance, Credit, etc. accessible to the common man at affordable cost. The scheme promises a saving account along with these services for every Indian, in every part of the country. Bank Mitra are the instruments/people who would be taking care of execution of this scheme.
What is Bank Mitra?
Bank Mitra can also be termed as a Business Correspondent Agent of PM Jan Dhan Yojana. They are actually retail agents who are appointed by banks and are responsible to provide and advice customers about various banking services in areas where normal banking solutions can’t be reached to the common man.
There are still many villages in our country which are based in far flung areas and a bank branch can be seen no where in those places. People have to travel several miles before they can reach a branch and ATM. Bank Mitra are representatives of the banks through which population living in these remote areas can avail banking solutions and thus stay connected to the main banking lifeline of the country.
Responsibilities of Bank Mitra in Jan Dhan Yojana
Bank Mitra is responsible for a number of services being offered by the banks:
- Bank Mitra is responsible for creating general awareness about the importance of savings and thus educates people about useful products and services available so that they manage their money and dept efficiently.
- To identify and convert potential customers and bring them in mainstream banking
- To collect and process the preliminary forms related to deposit and verification purposes so that the target customers are spared of visiting the branch in person.
- To help customers in filling up account opening forms and related applications
- They would collect money from account holders for deposits and also take care of withdrawals if the account holder needs them.
- To provide primary receipt to the costumers on payment and withdrawal
- Bank Mitra would provide mini account statements to the account holder along with receipt of specific transactions from the account.
- To conduct any other service related process on behalf of bank that would help facilitate consumers.
The role of Bank Mitra
Bank Mitra is an instrument that enables banks to maximize their reach to the areas inaccessible by normal banking system. He would be the representative responsible for providing affordable banking services at convenience to the customers and at a low cost.
Who are eligible to become a Bank Mitra?
Instead of hiring individuals to perform the job of a Bank Mitra, banks have appointed the following already effective classes to work as a Bank Mitra:
- Any retired bank official
- Teachers who have retired from job
- Retired government employees
- All ex-servicemen are eligible to become a Bank Mitra
- Owners of Medical shops, kirana stores, fair price shops, public call booths, etc are all entitled to become a Bank Mitra
If you are looking for a Bank Mitra in your locality, you can simply look around or enquire from the nearest bank branch and get in touch with them to avail banking facilities in your vicinity.
how to apply bank mitra.kindly find it
me bank of baroda ka bc hun me 1 sal se kam kar raha hun pmjdy ke adhar par rs5000 salari
fix ki pm modi ji ne muje aj tak koi fix salari nahi mile hen is tarah kese hum
apna ghar ka guzara chalayenge bc kebare me kuch sochiye
How to apply bankmitra of allahabad bank .pls sent message for kind attention .thanks you
Which is the best bankmitra for villages, from whom I solve all the problem of villagers. Can u help me ?
I got my atm card but l can’t got my atm pin. How I got the atm pin please help me.
You have to generate the pin of the ATM at any BOB ATM counter.
How can I get a Bank Mitra license