Ayushman Bharat Yojana (Namocare Or Modicare) Scheme Rs 5 Lakhs per Annum per Family NHPS Yojana 2020 (आयुष्मान भारत मिशन) Toll Free Number [Ayushman Bharat Programme ] Free Medical Insurance Scheme by Modi, Hospital List, Eligibility Criteria
Disclaimer :- We do not represent any government organization. All the information in this article as gathered from public domain.
The central government, under the leadership of Narendra Modi implemented a new scheme that will revamp the medical sector significantly. The name of this scheme is Ayushman Bharat Yojana. Candidates can get the free of cost medical assistance in both state-run as well as private hospitals. It is one of the biggest schemes ever to be implemented by the central government. The National Health System will make sure that all guidelines are being properly followed.
|Name of the scheme||Ayushman Bharat Yojana|
|Launched by||Narendra Modi|
|Implemented and supervised by||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare|
|Date of announcement||February 2018|
|Date of launch||September 2018|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor people of the country|
|Total number of beneficiary families||10 crore households|
|Total health coverage amount||Rs. 5 lakhs|
|Toll free helpline number||14555|
Key features of the scheme
- Easy availability of healthcare resources – Lack of treatment facilities paves the path for thousands of fatalities in India each year. With this scheme in place, people will be able to take care of their medical treatment-related requirements without worrying about payments.
- Total health coverage – Each registered beneficiary family will attain cashless treatment facility equal to Rs. 5 lakhs. This amount will be allocated for each financial year.
- Renewal of the insurance – Though the scheme will be implemented on a yearly basis, applicants will not have to worry about taking any action for renewal for the next year. Applications will be automatically renewed by the authority.
- Appointment of Ayushman Mitra – The main task of the Ayushman Mitra is to help beneficiaries get information about the scheme. The individual will also assist the beneficiaries in attaining proper treatment. Preference will go to those candidates who are already working with the hospital or nursing home. These individuals will attain Ayushman Mitra training. In case you desire in-depth information about this project, then get in touch with these Arogya Mitras.
- Empanelled treatment centers only – All government hospitals and selected private hospitals will offer the benefits of this cashless treatment insurance.
- Toll free number – The central government launched a separate toll free helpline number for the scheme. One can dial 14555 and attain any details about the treatment scheme. Apart from this, information will be offered from the CSC centers. In case you don’t have access to these modes, getting in touch with ASHA or Anganwadi workers will serve the same purpose.
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
- Name in SECC 2011 list – The only criterion that applicants must fulfill is having a registration under the SECC 2011 list. If the name of the person does not appear under this list, then he/she will not attain cashless benefits. If the name exists under this list, then applicants will automatically become a part of this project.
- Age criteria – No age specification has been highlighted in the scheme draft. People falling in young as well as senior age brackets will be able to attain the perks, if they fulfill other criteria.
- Number of family members – It has not placed any limitation on the maximum number of family members. Both small as well as large families will attain the benefits equally.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
- The scheme does not involve any application process. In fact, the authority will select the beneficiaries, based on the information they get from the SECC 2011 data list.
- This scheme card will be directly sent to the home of the SECC -2011 registered beneficiaries.
- The central government has still not sure in on the modes of sending the card to the beneficiaries.
How to search the beneficiary’s name in the scheme list?
- The central government has announced that only people from poor financial backgrounds will attain the perks of this scheme. Thus, applicants, enlisted in the SECC 2011 Data list will attain the preference for registration. Without this, they will not be allowed to become a part of this innovative project.
- It is possible for a layman to search whether his/her name is present under the SECC 2011 data list. For this, one must click on the link https://mera.pmjay.gov.in/search/login and log in on the authorized website.
- Then the applicants must register with their active mobile numbers.
- Then he/she must type in the capchat code, and click on the button that indicates “Generate OTP.”
- This will trigger the site to generate an OTP. This code will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- There is a specific field for typing in the OTP. After feeding the code in that area, applicants need to click on the “Submit” button.
- This will take the candidate to another page. This is the page that contains the information of candidates who will attain the benefits. From here, candidates will be able to search for their details.
Specific modes to search the beneficiary list
- Search by name
- After generating the search page, applicants will have to click on the drop down arrow and pick their respective state.
- The following option allows the applicant to pick the procedure of searching the details. A single click on the downward arrow will highlight the “Search by Name” mode.
- Applicants must feed in their names, parents’ names, age, district name, zip code etc.
- Once all these details have been typed in the respective fields, the applicants can generate the final search by clicking on the “Search” button.
- Search by mobile or ration card number
- For searching the details via this mode, applicants will have to generate primary search page.
- In the second step, they must pick the name of the state where they live.
- The third step includes the selection of the search mode. Here, applicants will have to confirm between “Search By Mobile Number” or “Search By Ration Card” options.
- The site will generate verification. Once this is complete, applicants will be able to attain their details.
- Search by RSBY code
- The central government highlighted that people, who are already getting benefits under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana or RSBY, will automatically be registered for PMJAY.
- All RSBY beneficiaries have been allocated a reference code, for ease of record keeping. There is an option that allows people to search the data list with this code. This code is called the Unique Reference Number of URN.
- If any applicant has this code, then he/she will be able to opt for the “Search by BRBY URN” option.
- There is a particular box where applicants must type in the RSBY URN. Once this is done, candidates must click on the search option. If the date base contains the record, then it will be highlighted on the computer screen.
How to implement the scheme?
- Interested applicants will have to get to the nearest empanelled hospital for the primary implementation.
- Over there, applicants must consult with the Ayushman Mitra. They will help in the registration process.
- The Ayushman Mitra will use the candidate’s details to check whether the/she is eligible to attain the cashless treatment facilities.
- It is the responsibility of the Ayushman Mitra to forward the case to the hospital authority.
- They will then offer the beneficiary information about the treatment packages. Apart from this, the hospital administration will also check the balance in the cashless treatment account of the beneficiary.
- Once the hospitals authority completes the submission of official papers, the actual treatment procedure will commence.
- Once everything is in order, the hospital starts the treatment process. When the patient is fit, the hospital discharges the person. The hospital authority maintains meticulous records of treatment and discharge procedures.
- The hospital administration then fills in and submits a claim request to the respective authority. Along with this, it must also attach post-treatment evidence and discharge summary for verifications. Additionally, the hospitals must highlight the patient’s feedback about the service, and generate a valid electronic bill. The bill will highlight all medical procedures, which have been applied.
List of hospitals under the scheme
It is not compulsory for all states to implement this scheme. Interested beneficiaries will attain free of cost treatment in all state-run treatment centers, in the interested states. Apart from this, some private treatment centers will also be selected by the authority.
Details about the responsibilities of Arogya Mitra
Without proper cooperation from all sections of the authority, it is not possible for any scheme to attain success. So, the central government created the post of Ayushman or Arogya Mitras to ensure that beneficiaries attain proper information. These individuals play an essential part in the implementation of the scheme. From offering information to helping with the admission, these Ayushman Mitras will make it easy for all.
Eligibility for Arogya Mitra
- Academic criterion –The educational criterion for becoming an Arogya Mitra is passing the school finals. If the applicant has not passed 12th class, then he/she will not be eligible for this post. Computer literacy is also required, especially in handling MS Office software. In addition to this, they must possess details of how to use the internet.
- Languages known – It is mandatory for all Arogya Mitras to be fluent in Hindi and English. In addition to this, they must be well-versed in the local language of the area.
- Training – All selected applicants will have to get training. These training sessions will be organized by the central governments. After attending these training sessions, applications must pass the examination to become a certified Arogya Mitra.
- Preference to health care workers – The central government has highlight that if any applicant has experience of working as an ASHA worker, then he/she will be given preference.
With the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Ayushman Bharat Insurance Scheme, the Modi government has set a record at international levels. No other nation has a health scheme that is as diverse or elaborate as this project.
The full-form of PM-JAY is Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the scheme.
Yes! This scheme has been developed and implemented by the central government of India.
The primary objective of this scheme is to ensure that the poor and needy citizens of the nation have access to proper and modern treatment facilities, without worrying about the medical bill payment.
It is a medical health insurance coverage scheme.
Under this scheme, the family of every beneficiary will attain a medical insurance coverage of Rs. 5 lakhs.
The family members of the beneficiaries will attain the financial coverage for one financial year.
Yes! After one year is complete, beneficiaries must renew for continuing the insurance benefits.
All secondary ailments and tertiary disease will be grouped under several treatment packages, and offered to the beneficiaries.
The central government has announced that all states and union territories can get the benefits of this scheme.
Free of cost hospitalization
Free check-up sessions
Free day-care operations
The central government estimated that the scheme will provide proper treatment facilities to as many as 10 crore households in the nation.
If any applicant’s name is registered in the SECC data list, then he/she along with the other members of the family will become beneficiaries of this scheme. Additionally, if the family possesses the RSBY card, then the members of that household will also be eligible to attain these benefits.
No. Eligible families, irrespective of the number of members will attain the benefits.
The government hospitals will offer free medical treatment to the beneficiaries. Some private treatment centers will also be roped in by the central government. Only these empaneled private nursing homes can offer this treatment.
14555 and 1800 – 111- 565 are the two helpline numbers of the scheme.
Yes! The beneficiaries must bring the Scheme Medical Pass and the rest will be taken care of by the hospital.
No. There is no need to enroll for the scheme. If your name is in the SECC data list, your family will be automatically enrolled as a beneficiary.
As long as the person fulfills the eligibility criteria, his/her residential location does not matter. Both villagers and city dwellers can get the free treatment facility.
In SECC data list, there are seven deprivation categories for people, living in the rural areas. The SECC data list also suggests 11 vocations for people living in the urban settings. The villagers and urban people, falling in these categories and vocations respectively can be identified as beneficiaries.
Yes! An already existing beneficiary can either add or delete the names of new members who join the family.
Every beneficiary household will be allocated a unique identification or registration number. If the beneficiary or any member of the family needs hospitalization, then he/she will attain an e-card during admission.
- Air Pollution Subsidy Scheme NCR
- Gobar-dhan Scheme
- E -Way Bill Registration Rules
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana