Dr. YSR Aarogyasri Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2020 [Eligibility Criteria, Health Card Status Check, Application Form Online Download, Hospital list, Surgery list, Login, Contact number, FAQ]
NTR Vaidya Seva Scheme was health and welfare scheme for the poor people that was announced and launched in 2016. But over time, some changes were necessary in the project. As the state came under a new CM, the former scheme was re-launched once again. This time, it was launched under the name YSR Aarogyasri Scheme. The main feature of this project is to provide free medical treatment to the poor people. Here is an in-depth detail of the re-launched scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||YSR Aarogyasri Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Recent announcement made on||June 2019|
|Earlier name of the scheme||Dr. NTR Vaidya Seva Scheme|
|Former announcement date||2016 – 2017|
|Supervised by||Health, Medical and Family Welfare Department|
|Helpline number||0863 – 2222802 ; 0863 – 2259861|
Key features of the YSR Aarogyasri scheme
- Health and medical development – With the implement of this scheme, Andhra Pradesh government will be able to set the platform for the overall development of the medical facilities and amenities for the beneficiaries.
- Payment for medical treatments – Many people must depend on regular medicinal consumption. These require a substantial payment. If the medicine purchase bills go above Rs.1000, the state will pay for it too.
- Treatment coverage for BPL families – The primary beneficiaries of this scheme will be the BPL families. After these people have been enrolled, the middle income groups will be served as well. Every family will be able to attain free medical treatment worth 2.5 lakhs.
- Renewing the policy – The state government will contribute to keep the insurance coverage active. Beneficiaries need not pay any money as the premium. Apart from this, the insurance scheme will be renewed automatically every year.
- Enlisted hospitals only – Not all hospitals and nursing homes will get the opportunity to serve the beneficiaries. Though all state-run hospital and primary health care centers will tend to the requirements of the beneficiaries, only a few private nursing homes will be roped in to offer the treatments.
- More salary for ASHA workers – Most rural areas come under the jurisdiction of the rural hospitals. Many primary health care units work under these hospitals. But the entire area is serviced by the ASHA workers. The new state government has decided that the ASHA workers will get an increased salary from now on. Their earlier salary was Rs. 3000 and now every ASHA workers will receive Rs.10000.
- Medical card – Beneficiaries will get free medical assistance from the enlisted hospitals for secondary and tertiary ailments. Interested beneficiaries will be able to get the complete list from hospitals and primary medical treatment centers.
- Number of insured operations – It has been highlighted in the scheme draft that beneficiaries will receive free surgical benefits. 1040 expensive operations have been mentioned in the scheme.
Eligibility and documents of the YSR Aarogyasri scheme
- Residents of Andhra Pradesh – The scheme is only open for applicants who stay in the state. Registered natives of Andhra Pradesh will only attain the free treatments. So, residential proof documents are necessary for this application.
- BPL applicants – Only BPL applicants will be able to attain this medical coverage scheme. There are no extra points for guessing that all applicants need to possess their BPL certificates.
- White ration card holders – Any person who has the white ration card that is issued by the Andhra Pradesh government, will also be allowed to get the medical insurance coverage. If necessary, the applicants need to submit a copy of their white ration card copies.
- Medical expense papers – The scheme will offer financial assistance to those applicants who need to shell out Rs.1000 or more on a monthly basis. The medical bills must be submitted to attain the benefits.
- Identification documents – It is mandatory for the applicants to have their legal identification proofs. The Aadhar card is one official legal document that must be submitted at the hospital during admission, along with the medical card.
- Wet and dry land ownership criterion – It has been mentioned that the applicant may possess 35 acres dry land or 12 acres wet land, registered in his/her name.
- Maximum land ownership criterion – The eligibility rules state that the combined dry and wet land ownership of the applicant must not exceed the 35 acres mark. Otherwise, their application will be cancelled.
- Municipal property payers – The scheme will also include those who own any property in the municipal area and pay tax for it. However, the overall measurement of the property must not be more than 3000 sq.ft.
- Income related criterion – It has been highlighted in the scheme guidelines that only those people whose yearly income does not exceed Rs. 5 lakh mark will be permitted to register and get the project benefits.
- Applicable for pension holders – The scheme is open for all senior residents who get pension from the state government.
- Vehicle ownership requirement – The scheme rules also suggest that is the family has one motor vehicle, they will be allowed to register for acquiring the perks of this scheme. If any homeowner has more than one vehicle, then he will be barred from partaking in this scheme.
How to enroll for the YSR Aarogyasri scheme?
Rural people do not have the means to settle for online enrollment. So, the former CM of Andhra Pradesh made things easy for the people with offline or traditional application. Under the leadership of Jagan Mohan Reddy, the scheme has been launched again with better facilities. People expected that during this re-launch, the CM will keep the provision for both online and offline application. But in a recent announcement, the CM said that there may not be any enrollments at all. The state has its database that highlights the names of people who have BPL registration. It also has details of people who have white ration cards. Thus, if the name of the eligible beneficiaries is in the BPL list and white ration card category, then such people will be automatically get enlisted in the scheme, and get their medical cards.
However, the state has currently launched the official portal of the scheme. Interested people can check out the details of this scheme, and other state-sponsored schemes on this site. To get to this portal, you must click on the YSR Aarogyasri scheme portal. In case the government decides to add an online enrollment procedure, then it will be done through this official portal. Once the registration link is added in this website, we will provide details of the link and the registration procedure.
Empanelled hospitals under YSR Aarogyasri Scheme AP
Though most of the government hospitals are empaneled in this system, only a few private nursing homes have been given the opportunity to serve people, under this scheme so far. If you want to check out the list of all the enlisted hospitals and nursing homes, then you must log in on the official portal. Here, you will see the official YSR Aarogyasri link. When you click on the program link, you will get access to several links, which are associated with the hospital empanelment. If you desire to check out the different hospitals, which have been listed already, then click on the link marked as “Empanelment Online Application.” When the page opens, you need to place the cursor on the tab marked as “Hospitals.” As soon as you click on this tab, a drop down option list will open, from where you can attain the list of government and private hospitals, primary health care units, and hospital-related details.
The central government has implemented several medical healthcare schemes. The state governments are also walking on the same path to ensure that the common and needy people of the respective region get proper treatment. The implementation of these medical welfare schemes also develops the medical infrastructures. Private nursing homes offer better medical facilities as compared to the government hospitals. But these nursing homes charge very high fee for the services they offer. Unfortunately, it is not possible for the financially weaker sections to pay such high medical bills. Schemes like the YSR Aarogyasri Yojana will assist such financially weaker sections.
In order to get the benefit of the scheme the candidates do not have to enroll separately. The BPL candidates who have white ration card fall under the scheme
You will get a volunteer called Vaidyamithra to register your name and data and guide you through the process. You will get volunteers at PHC, CHC, district hospital, area hospital, network hospitals, etc. You will find them at the health care camps that are held by the government hospital. They will expedite the process of treatment by referring you and screening the process.
The Vaidyamithra will help you in every way as soon as you approach to him or her. He or she will verify your health card, counsel you, listens to every detail regarding your illness, takes your digital photo and recommend to a doctor. They will take up responsibility to facilitate your treatment in the hospital. The volunteer will follow up your every condition till you discharge date.
In order to make them visible you will find the Vaidyamithra in uniform. They will be in apron and will found at the Dr.YSR Aarogyasri kiosk or at the special help desk. You will find them at the PHC or at CHC during OP hours.
When it comes to availing the treatment facility under the scheme that, you should know that you will get cashless treatment at all Network Hospitals. Verification will be done by the authority before making benefit available so that you get the best treatment. You will get the complete list of Network Hospitals at Vaidyamithra or you can call at 104 toll free number for further information.
The state government of Andhra Pradesh will be paying the premium for the BPL families.
According to the rules of the scheme, it will provide coverage upto 5 lakh rupees every year to every beneficiary.
The families who have BPL ration card from Civil Supplies Department are eligible to avail the facilities from the scheme. It is important for the candidates to have their photo ID registered as BPL to get the benefit. Along with the benefit is applicable for the certain diseases that are listed under the scheme.
Other links –
- Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme West Bengal
- Delhi Scholarship Scheme
- YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme List
- YSR Amma Vodi Scheme AP