Apply Online Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) Urban and Gramin [Application Form 2016] Using CSC | Housing for All 2022 Scheme
The much awaited Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna (Yojana) has been launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi that envisages the vision of Housing for All by the year 2022. The article includes various aspects of the scheme covering the beneficiaries, eligibility and the process for applying under the scheme.
The government of India had earlier launched ‘Housing for All’ scheme, which has now been reformed as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The Scheme has been launched by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on 25th June 2015.
Read This article for Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
The scheme comes with an aim of constructing more than two crore houses across the length and breadth of the nation within a span of next seven years. This means the scheme which is started in year 2015 would conclude successfully in the year 2022. The target beneficiaries of the scheme would be poor and people living under EWS and LIG categories in urban establishments of the country.
Housing for All 2022 | PM Awas Yojana
The PM Awas Yojana would start in the year 2015 and would be spread for implementation till the year 2022 and would be carried out in three sustainable phases:
PMAY Phase 1: The Phase 1 of PM Awas Yojana would span from April 2015 to March 2017 and a total of 100 cities would see the developmental work started and completed during this phase.
PMAY Phase 2: The Phase 2 of PMAY would span from April 2017 to March 2019 and during this phase, a total of 200 more cities would be covered and developed.
PMAY 3: The Phase 3 of PMAY would span from April 2019 to March 2022 and during this phase the left over cities would be covered and developed.
The Beneficiaries of PMAY
This scheme would target specific groups from the society, which are:
- Women, irrespective of caste and religion
- Economically Weaker Section of Society (EWS)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Scheduled Casts (SC)
The Government of India would be granting a subsidy to people from these categories so that they buy a home for themselves and their families. The subsidy amount may range from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 2.30 lakh.
Features of Housing for All 2022
- The government would provide an interest subsidy of 6.5% on housing loans availed by the beneficiaries for a period of 15 years from the start of loan.
- The houses under this scheme would be allotted to preferably the female member of the family. Along with this, preference would be given to the female applicants, in general. This scheme could well be termed as a pro-women scheme.
- While allotting ground floors in any housing scheme under the PMAY, preference would be given to differently-abled and older people.
- The construction of houses under PMAY would be carried out through technology that is eco-friendly.
Interest Rates, EMI Calculation and Subsidy in PM Awas Yojana
The niche of the scheme lies in the fact that the EMI paid by the home owners under the scheme would be reduced significantly. The current rate of housing loan in India is at 9.50 per cent. If someone buys a property currently on a loan of Rs 6 lakh for a tenure of 15 years today, he/she would have to pay an EMI of Rs 6,032 per month currently. However, with 6.5 per cent subsidy under the scheme, the beneficiary would have to pay just Rs 3,850 per month as EMI. Thus, there is a significant reduction of Rs 2,000 in the EMI itself.
Components (Housing for All 2022)
- An average of Rs 1 lakh would be granted by the Government of India to all the beneficiaries under the scheme.
- Through Credit Lined Subsidy Scheme, a subsidy of 6.5% would be given to each beneficiary belong from EWS and Lower Income Group categories.
- A central government assistance of Rs 1.5 lakh would go to every beneficiary for promoting housing stock and thus 35% of the units under the project would be earmarked for the Economically Weaker Section category.
- In addition to the above, an Rs 1.5 lakh would be provided to all eligible urban poor who want to construct their own house in urban areas or wish to make necessary renovations in their existing houses.
- You can avail loan under this scheme for building toilets in your existing house.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online (Housing for All 2022)
Online application for the scheme
With an objective of increasing and fast forwarding the number of application that people make under this scheme the government has decided to start the online application process. So the urban poor families which are homeless can now apply for a house under this scheme on the online mode. The forms for the scheme can be submitted online. As announced by the government this online form submission process for the urban poor for this scheme will start on the 3rd of November 2016. Please click on this PMAY Form.
Pradhan mantri Awas Yojana application through CSC
As mentioned above the urban poor can now apply for the PMAY through CSC which refers to the common service center that are available in the urban areas and the rural areas for delivering different government services to the Indian citizens. The main function of it is to help in achieving the Digital India mission.
Here are some important details about how the online submission of Awas Yojana forms would work-
- It has been announced that out of the 2 lakhs CSCs available in the urban areas across the country, a total of 60000 CSCs will be made a part of this scheme and they would be accepting online application form of the scheme.
- The online from submission under this scheme has been enabled with e-KYC which means Know Your Client. So all the forms will be considered for final submission only after proper verification of the details given by the applicant.
- Online form submission under this scheme would cost Rs.25 for which the CSC will provide the applicant with an acknowledgement slip which will have the photograph of the applicant and a unique ID on it. This ID should be used for tracking of the application status.
- Like most of the government schemes, here in this scheme also Aadhaar card is a mandatory document and have to be shown during the application process. In a case where the application does not have an Aadhaar card, the CSC should help the applicant in getting one.
How to find CSC in your city?
Now the question would be on how to find the nearest CSC in your city. Well this process too is quite easy. Anyone who needs to locate a CSC has to go to the following link- http://gis.csc.gov.in/locator/csc.aspx. Once you have opened this link you need to enter your State name, District Name and Block Name in the box given. Once you have entered these details, click on ‘search’. You will then get the detailed address of the nearest available CSC in your city or state or village.
As a matter of information, following are the states in which PMAY would be carried out:
|23||Jammu and Kashmir|
Following Union Territories would also be covered under PMAY
|3||Delhi (National Capital Territory of Delhi)|
|4||Daman and Diu|
|5||Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|7||Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
The scheme is a great initiative by our Prime Minister Narendra Modi and if implemented the way it has been formulated and dreamt off, it is going to change the infrastructural face of Modern India and would
How to search your Name in this scheme portal.
Now, how are you going to know whether you are eligible for the PM Awas Yojana? You will have to submit the documents of BPL certificates. And you will be notified from the bank that whether you are eligible or not. But there is also an online way of knowing whether you are eligible or not. For that you have to visit the official website, which is http://pmaymis.gov.in/Search_Name.aspx. There is a list of beneficiaries available within the website. You cannot download the list. And even if you are able to download the list it will not be of very much use to you. The reason is, the list is updated periodically since a lot of individuals names are included in the list and those who have been provided with the Awas Yojana facility, those names are stroked off. So, it will not really be of much use to you if you download the Awas Yojana list.
Pradhan mantri Awas Yojana Application Forms and Toll Free Numbers.
Please click on this link to get PM Awas Yojana Form. Toll free numbers of this scheme are not been released yet.
Update 14th March 2016
ICICI bank Awas Yojana Loans at subsidized rates of 6.5 %
The ICICI bank has planned a scheme to provide millions of Indian, their own dream house, which currently they cannot afford right now. This scheme is in support to the Prime Minister’s housing scheme for the common masses namely the Awas Yojana. Under this scheme, the ICICI will provide easy housing loans with low interest rates andeasy options of EMI so that the financially weaker sections of the population can also accomplish their dream of having their own house.
Under this scheme, the ICICI will provide housing loans at subsidized rates of 6.5 % annually for the loan amount of Rs. 6 lakh (maximum). This subsidy will be credit linked. This housing loan will be provided along with the partnership with National Housing Bank, which will administer the entire housing project. And the maximum loan tenure to get the subsidy is 15 years.