Free Smartphone Scheme (Sanchar Kranti Yojana, SKY) Registration Online in Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh state government has launched a new scheme in the state to facilitate people with Smartphone. To remove the digital inequality among the inhabitants, the state government has decided to distribute Smartphones among the citizens of the state for free. The scheme namely Sanchar Kranti Yojana aka SKY will be implemented soon across the state.
The scheme was launched during the last week of the month August 2017. The state government of Chhattisgarh has launched the scheme. A new committee will be formed lead by the Chief Secretary to implement this SKY scheme across the state.
- Sanchar Kranti Yojana has been launched to reduce the digital difference between the people of the state. Under this scheme nearly 5.5 Million Smartphone will be distributed among the citizens of rural as well as urban areas in the state.
- The main objective of the scheme is to connect people through internet and also to encourage people to go cashless. Make digital payments and also receive payments through net transfer.
- Panchayat and the department of rural development will supervise the implementation of the scheme in the rural areas. On the other the department of Urban Development will be responsible to implement the scheme in the urban areas.
- The scheme will be implemented in the rural areas and remote rural areas as well. Small villages where population does not cross over 1000 will also be covered under the scheme.
- The telecommunication providers are keen to spread their network up to these areas, so that every citizen can enjoy the benefit of Smartphone even in the remote areas.
- In many areas where telecom service providers don’t have towers will be allowed to install them. Providers can install their towers at free of cost on the top of any government owned building across these areas.
- People belonging to below poverty line and low income group will be eligible for the scheme. Also people who are living in rural areas or Gramin people will be eligible.
- People, who don’t have more than Rs 2 Lac yearly income, will also be eligible for the scheme. The scheme will be implemented in schools and colleges as well. The students and the females of the families are eligible for the scheme.
- According to the scheme the Smartphone will be registered on the name of the female of the house. Whether she is a student, working or non-working the phone will be registered on the female member of the family only.
How it works
- Nearly 1500 telecom towers will be installed across the villages and adjacent areas. As mentioned the providers can install the towers on the top of any government building to spread the network coverage areas.
- There are two phases of the scheme. In the first phase that is in between financial year 2017-18 and 2018-19 the state government will distribute 5.08 Million phones among the villagers and urban poor people. In the second phase remaining 4.8 Lac phones will be distributed.
- The registration for the scheme will be done through online only. No offline mode will be available. The beneficiaries have to register and apply for the free Smartphone online to get them at doorstep.
After Uttar Pradesh state government now it is time for Chhattisgarh state government to take the backward class one step ahead towards the digitization. With this SKY scheme the Chhattisgarh state government will take another step towards the Digital India started by Prime Minister Modi. This scheme will help many students and villagers to get connected with the rest of the country and world through internet. Also they will get study materials and other benefits under the SKY scheme.