KUSUM Yojana 2019-20
Online Portal,Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
(Full Form -Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahaabhiyan)
[Solar Agriculture Pumps [Loan Subsidy] Scheme ]
The start of 2018 saw the announcement of several unique schemes, aimed at the betterment of farmers. One of these programs was the Kisan Urja Suraksha Utthaan Mahaabhiyan full form of the KUSUM scheme. Under this arrangement, the central government desires to assist as many farmers as possible to install new and improved solar pumps on their farms. The farmers need not pay a hefty fee for this benefit as it comes with government subsidy.
|Name of the scheme||KUSUM Scheme or Kusum Yojana|
|Full Form of the Scheme||Kisan Urja Suraksha Utthan Mahabhiyan Scheme|
|kusum yojana official website||https://kusum.online/|
|First Announced on||February 1|
|First Announced by||Arun Jaitley|
|Second Announced on||February 2,|
|Second Announced by||Power Ministry|
|Years to Initiate||2018 to 2019|
|Year to End||2021|
|Kusum Scheme under which Ministry||Indian Power Ministry headed by R. K. Singh|
|Targeted Beneficiaries||The agricultural laborers or farmers|
|Amount invested||Rs. 48000 crore for a decade|
|Main Motto||To offer further technological advancement for generating power to the farmers|
Objective of KUSUM Yojana
The main aim of this scheme is to provide the farmers with advanced technology to generate power. The solar pumps will not only assist to irrigate the farmers, but will also allow each farmer to generate safe energy. Due to the presence of the energy power grid, the agricultural labors will be able to sell the extra power directly to the government. It will provide them with extra income as well. So, this scheme will bring double benefits.
Online Application or Registration Kusum Yojana
- One has to visit the official website of the KUSUM, i.e., kusum.online.
- One has to click on the ‘आवेदनकरें’ option and click directly on the link at the homepage.
- Upon this, the online registration form of KUSUM Yojana will appear on the screen.
- After which the candidates will have to enter the details such as the name of the farmers, mobile numbers, as well as email ID. Upon the completion of giving details, one has to click on the “Submit” button in order to complete the registration process of the scheme.
- One can check further details on the homepage of Kusum Yojana.
Features of the KUSUM Yojana
- For the betterment of the farmers – The successful operation of this program will be able to help the farmers not only in meeting their power related requirements, but will also be able to earn some extra cash by selling excess energy.
- Construction of plants on infertile lands only – The government has also announced that it will take initiative to construct plants, which will generate solar power. As per the draft, these plants will only be erected on infertile areas, capable of generating a total of 28, 250 MW power.
- Distribution of solar powered pumps – One of the primary aims of this program is to provide interested farmers with solar pumps. The government states that 17.5 lakh solar powered pumps will be provided to agricultural labors.
- Power production on small scale – Apart from the solar power plants, government will work towards the installation of new solar pumps in farms, which have diesel pumps. The capacity of these pumps will be 720 MW.
- Power generation from tube-wells – The government will also work toward the installation of unique tube-wells. Each of these pumps will be able to generate power of 8250 MW
- Sale of excess power – Apart from distribution, the scheme also provides all farmers with the chance to earn more money by installing the solar pumps. The excess amount of energy that the farmers generate can be sold to the grid.
- Duration of the scheme – Current estimates state that for the successful completion of this elaborate scheme, the central government will have to work for at least 10 years.
- Subsidy structure of the scheme – As per the draft, each farmer will get huge subsidy on new and improved solar powered pumps. They agricultural labors will have to tolerate only 10% of the total expenditure to acquire an install a solar pump. The central government will provide 60% cost while the remaining 30% will be taken care of by bank as credit.
- Good for the overall environment – The increased use of solar power and electricity generated from the solar plants, will lower the level of pupation in the area. Dependence on fossil fuel will go down considerably as well.
Components of the scheme
- Solar pump distribution – During the first phase of the program, the power department, in association with other wings of the government will work towards the successful distribution of solar powered pumps.
- Construction of solar power factory – The next component will include the construction of solar power plants, which will have the capacity to produce a significant amount of power.
- Setting up tube-wells – The third component of this scheme deals with the setting up of unique tube-wells, under the watchful eyes of the central government, which will also a certain amount of power.
- Modernization of present pumps – Only production of powers is not the aim of the scheme. The final component of this program deals with the modernization of pumps, which are in use, as of now. Old pumps will be replaced by developed solar pumps.
The scheme is elaborate and will also require a lot of funding for successful implementation. As per the announcement of this program, the Finance Minister and the power department announced that it will require around Rs. 48, 000 crores. The allocation of funds will be done in four separate segments.
According to the initial draft of this scheme for 2019 the solar plants were said to be erected on infertile areas that can generate a power of 28000 MW. In the initial phase, the governments would offer a total of 17.5 lakh solar powered pumps to the farmers.The scheme is not only aimed at providing better benefits and added income for the agricultural labors, but will also lower the level of pollution. As the solar pumps take over electricity driven or diesel pumps, it will provide better utilization of resources.