Jan Dhan Yojana Account scheme was launched by the Pradhan Mantri Shri Narendra Modi with the motive of inviting every family to have one bank account where their money will be safe. Facilities like zero balance were given to the individual who opens the account. He is also eligible for a RuPay card and can apply for a loan of INR5000.00 after having the account operative for a period of 6 months.
The major aim was to make the rural population participate and open a bank account where their money is utilized in the right way. All nationalized banks and a couple of international banks have actively participated in this scheme have set up camps in different locations to invite the individuals to come and open bank accounts under Jan Dhan Yojana scheme.
Below is the list of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Account eligibility criteria:–
- An individual who holds an Indian nationality is eligible to open an account under this scheme.
- A minor who is above 10 years of age is eligible to open the account in any bank under this scheme. He will need to have a guardian to manage the account along with him. He will also be eligible for a RuPay Card on which one can withdraw 4 times from any ATM.
- An Individual who does not hold any valid documents to prove that he is an Indian national but after the bank does their ground research and categorizes the person into “low risk” is eligible to open the account under this scheme.
- An individual who has any identity proof authorized by any gazette officer is eligible to open the account under this scheme.
- An individual who has an existing bank savings account with the bank can transfer his account to Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana account so he is eligible for the benefits from that account.